cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a message mapping for two structures.but my problem here is i want to map constant values for the target structure based on the receiver name.I have 11 vendors at receiving end.Based on the vendor name i need to map Vendor agency code and Shared secrete code which are not coming from sender structure and those values are constants.Let say i have 11 vendors as below.

Vendor Name Agency code Secret code

V1 A1 S1

V2 A2 S2

V3 A3 S3

V4 A4 S4

I want to map the fields agency code and Secret codes to the respective vendor based on the vendor name using message mapping.Please help me on this.

Thank You,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is still not clear to me. Could you please explain more?

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I have a source structure in which i am getting vendor name(receiver).For each vendor i have 'Agency code' and 'Shared Secrete code' which are not coming from source structure and are constants.Different vales for each vendor.So i want to map these to the receiver structure based on the Vendor name.Can i do it with constants?

Thank You,

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do with FixValues instead of using constants. Please correct if my understanding is wrong.

Let consider the below example.

Source:

<Record>

<VendorNumber>1000</VendorNumber>

</Record>

Target:

<Record>

<Vendor_AgencyCode/>

<Vendor_SecretCode/>

</Record>

For the above example what u can do is,

VendorNumber -

>FixValues--->Vendor_AgencyCode (1)

VendorNumber -

>FixValues--->Vendor_SecretCode (2)

Maintain Vendor number and AgencyCode in FixValues for (1)

Maintain Vendor number and SecretCode in FixValues for (2)

Please revert back If I understood ur reqmt wrong!!

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thank you very much for ur quick response.

You want to me to create fixvalues for agency code and secret code seperatly in the same message mapping And map them seperatly to the respective target fields.Can i maintain 2 fixvalues in the same message mapping?Please calrify me.

Thank You

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Maintain two fix values. You can maintain any number of FixValues in the same message mapping. No issues at all.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raj,

Can i have any How to do docs for maintaing fixvalues in message mapping.

Thank you,

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's very simple. Just double click on the FixValues and maintain Key as VendorNumber and Value as your corresponding value.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's fine.In the runtime how it will identify the vendor no.Let say i am sending to V5 among all 11 vendors V1,V2,V3,....V11 then how it will get the agency code as A5.I hope now you can understand my question.Please clarify me.

Thank You,

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the example which I mentioned above can u see what is the input for FixValues. It's the vendor number. FixValues are nothing but table which maintain the keyvalue pairs. If you pass V5 to FixValues it will give A5 as the output. Similarly if you pas V4 it will give A4.

I would suggest you to simulate the example which I've given and see the functionality of it.

raj.

Answers (0)