cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring calls to Webservice exposed out of R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a ECC 5.0 box and we would like to expose webservices for a functionality on the R3 box . This is a synchronous server proxy and the end point for this Webservice is however a message interface built on XI . In other words, XI is only involved in designtime and not in runtime. Once the webservice is released to runtime in R3 - calls to the webservice directly hit the R3 box .

With the above setup - can we expect to see the calls to the webservice - in sxmb_moni transaction on the integration engine - in R3 ? If no, is there any other transaction/place in R3 wherein we can see the incoming webservice call details and the outgoing response from the webservice ?

We would like to move ahead with this as an architectural decision and hence require your feedback on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

We had a similar scenario, but what we did was slightly different from what you did.

We had an RFC in the R/3.

We had a interfaces defined for outbound and inbound (These interfaces are basically the RFC FM's Signature) and mapped element to element.

We have configured a SOAP to RFC scenario and generated a WSDL for the interface.

This wsdl can be consumed from xternal applications.

Using this approach we can moni the messages in SXMB_MONI of XI.

Revert if I misunderstood your question.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi

If I understand you right - in your scenario - you have exposed the webservice out of XI - and not directly from R3 - In this case, you will be able to see the incoming calls to the webservice and response on SXMB_MONI on XI.

In my scenario, I don't want XI to be involved in runtime - i.e I do not want the webservice to be exposed out of XI . We want to create the webservice directly on R3 but still point the webservice endpoint to a message interface in XI . The webservice is implemented in R3 in the server proxy method. This way - XI is still involved in design time and interface is built on the outside-in approach. In this scenario, can we expect to monitor the incoming calls to the webservice on R3 ?