cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with old portal projects migration to NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All!

I have looked though some different post in the forum, but I haven’t been able to get this to work properly, so I will try to ask this question again.

We have a lot of old portal applications developed as Portal Application Projects (par files).

All these applications has some dependencies, eg. com.sap.pct.hcm_util.

Also almost all of them has used the SAP enterprise connector to access R3 for data exchange.

So is it possible to migrate these projects into the NWDI and then crate a project of type External Library which could contain all the depencencies eg com.sap.pct.hcm_util and so on?

Help is much appreciated.

Br

Ronni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronni,

Yes its possible. You need to migrate all applications on to NWDI. First Migrate dependent application, then migrate orginal application.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again!

Thanks for all your answers, i will not forget to give points.

Regarding the procedure i would like to make sure that i do this the right way:

1. Find dependencies (jar) eg. hcm_util and jcoclientapi.jar

2. Create par files including source code of existing java applications.

3. Create new DC called jarService of type External Libary

4. Add all jar files to libabry folder of project and add to public part

5. activate the external library project.

6. create new project of type Portal Application Standalone (Packed in sda) - why this one and not the other option called Portal Application Mode

7. When create the project add exisitng par file (of the old projects allready created) - is this Ok?

8. add missing refrences (alot off erros accour) through external libarys public part.

9. deploy both archives.

Can anyone confirm that this is the right way?

best regards,

Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note that some jars (like JCo, com.sap.mw.jco DC) are delivered as part of the three base SC's and that you should use the public parts of those DCs.

I would organize the jars in multiple External Library DCs based on related functionality.

The Portal Application Module DC Type does not have a deployable result (after building it), hence the choice for Portal Application Standalone.

Point 7 should work.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Thanks alot,

I will try it out and then reward the points.

Best regards,

Ronni Hostrup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First thanks for all the helpfull inputs, i finally did manage to get the project compiled and deployed.

This leads to my final question.

In the "old days" we used to right click and then pressed Quick Par upload to upload the par file to the portal.

How is this deployed on the portal know? is this done automatically (eg. to the server defined as the Development server under the servers setting on the track) or how is this SDA handled?

Best regards,

Ronni

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDM knows how to handle the SDA and auto-forwards the PAR in the SDA to the Portal Runtime for deployment. This deployment to your development server happens when you successfully activate an activity for the respective DC. Precondition is that you have defined a runtime system for the development stage of your NWDI track and the "Disable automatic deployment" checkbox is UNchecked. This is done in the CMS Landscape Configurator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

thanks alot!

this sounds great!

BR,

Ronni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, what you suggest is possible and it should work too. Make sure you use DC Type "Portal Application Standalone" for your Portal projects.

Edited by: Pascal Willemsen on Jan 9, 2008 4:57 PM