cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory requirements for full version (ABAP + Java)

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've installed the WebAS 6.4 sneak preview Abap edition in my computer at home.

It is clear that I need to upgrade its RAM. I have only 1 GB now.

The requirement posted here at SDN for this version is 2 Gb.

Since the full version may become available soon, I would like to make sure that the new version is also going to run on my computer.

Do you any idea of the memory requirement for the full version of the 6.4 sneak preview?

Should I consider an upgrade to 4 Gb instead?

Thanks

Leonardo.

Message was edited by: Leonardo Araujo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leanardo,

If you have the space in the Harddisk, increase Virtual Memory,which will increase the total memory.

regards

anand.M

Message was edited by: Ananda Krishna Marri

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand.M,

but will also decrease performance if the system had to use the Virtual Memory dramatically.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i've the same problem, performance are low with 1Go, i'll pass to 2Go in few days.

It would be good to have an Athlon X2 3800+ for improve performance ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

2GB is the good one.

Regards,

Prakash

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the answers.

I've upgraded my computer to 3 GB of ram and I've found out it was way more than needed.

With 2004s version running, multiple sessions and background jobs running I can barely reach 1.6 GB of RAM consumption.

I wonder how the full version would run , if ever becomes available.

Happy 2006 to you all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Leonardo,

i have installed the abap and java editions of sneak preview in a machine with 2gb ram the installation would be slow but the perfomance becomes stable after the installation.2gb seems to be fine for me but we might have to upgrade for the full version(java + abap).one good idea is to keep some dimm slots free incase the need for extra RAM arises.

suhair

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Leonardo,

For your personal use 1 GB will be good enough for full version. But If can go ahead and upgrade it to 2 GB.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Leonardo,

I think 2GB of RAM is ideal for the full version of the 6.4 sneak preview. I would suggest you to go for an update after the release of full version.

Regards,

Sathish.