cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one Plant in Customer Material record

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Customer Material Info record I want a option of more than one plant. Right now I can enter only one plant in customer material info record. What can I do to have a option of more than one plant in customer material info record.

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The purpose of maintaining Customer material info record is to provide the customer specific material information.. so here we are maintaining a particular plant which is available nearer to the customer(Ship to party) which gets priority when processing sales order..

So there is no use in giving to plant in Info rec..

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain only one plant in CMIR. But you can change the plant in sales order level manually. So, as the system takes the info in the order of CMIR, CMR and MMR, there is no necessity for you to have second plant in CMIR.

regards

VK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

as i understand, you would want options for more than one plant (to choose from) and not to restrict the number of choices.

for practical reasons, you can only enter 1 (standard) plant in the customer-material info record. nevertheless, you can enter a different plant in the customer master, and another plant in the material master.

when you process the sales order, you can change the plant to any other choices, even those not included in the customer-material or customer master data, as long as these plant choices and your customer are assigned the same distribution channel. of course, your material should also be extended to these plants.

i hope this helped, even if a little.

regards.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Discuss with ur Abapers as this requirement is not possible in standard SAP,so try using a Zprogram , adding new fields zfields in KNMT table.

Regards

Narayana

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Talk with your ABAP programer. They can add additional fields in the customer-material info record.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per my knowledge in CMIR there is no second plant choice , but u can enter in CMR

as another plant and in MMR u can enter third palnt and when u go to sales order it starts pick up according to availability of stock.

vijaya rajendra.

if it useful reward me with points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

as per my knowlwdge we cant maintain one more plant in customer material info record, but one alterantive is there maintaine the second palnt in the Customer master record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as iam concerned, we cant maintain two plants in CMIR .When we create a sales order and if u dont have stock in one plant then u have Option of picking from other plant.

Regards

Subramanyam