cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in dynamic file configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a scenario for which different files must be generated for each recorset.

The file name should be generated dynamically based on the input fields.

I am able to generate different files but with same file name for all the files.

I have used the blog "/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 as reference..

please help me out .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In the Michal's blog that you are following, the FileName attribute is selected. And if you select it the file name of the source and the target will be the same. To avoid such a situation, you deselect the check box and then create an UDF. Using the UDF you can assign different dynamic names to ur files.

In the blog he has used get function to access the variable. Similarly you can use set function to dynamically assign the names to the files.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Award points if helpful.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

I believe you are using Multimaping 1..N to ahieve your scenario isn't it? In this case I doubt we can apply dynamic configuration. The only option to go ahead is Variable substitution.

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What file name you have given in ur file adapter and what is the file name it is taking for all the generated files.

The generated different files uses the same file adapter.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

check these threads ..for similar functinality...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/03612cdecc6e76e10000000a422035/frameset.htm