cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For active sessions error what can i do ..Install j2ee or sdm locally How ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here many developers r working on Web DynPro Java. So when morethan one developers deploying application parallely at that time sdm gives error of active sessions, I found some threads told me that we had to install j2ee or sdm locally . But that threads could not ans satisfactory. Please any one tell me satisfactory ans what i need to install locally and how ?

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP System can be installed on each developer's machine which is nothing but WAS includes J2EE engine, sdm etc..

That is how we are also working

1) Developer can deploy appication on local server and test them

2) Any SAP Back end system can be used by configuring JCOs

3) This provides developer to have SAP MMC, VA which he can configure if necessary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell me your ans in details. I need full information . I am newer in that so please explain me in brief.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

WAS Web Application Server has SAP J2EE Engine in which Web Dynpro Applications run. Software Deployment Manager(SDM) component manages deployment process.

Once you deploy WAS locally, developer will have local server very similar to Tomcat kind... which you he/she can manage.

Developer need to login to local server portal using http://server url:50000/irj/portal

if u have any more doubts please let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Gangadharayya Hiremath .So that i need to install whole j2ee engine on my local client.

Please tell me how i install was and j2ee locally. Where i find source for that. I need some evolution versions . if u have links for that please provide me.

Regards,

Gurprit Bhatia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't have idea of where we do get WAS software for installing, since all has been taken care by our BASIS team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think its not a good idea of installing the WAS server on the local machine instead ask your basis guys to create dummy nodes of the server as we do it on the production server.Then child node takes care of deployment and the load of deployment will be balanced.Installing WAS on each client machine is a costly affair.

Answers (0)