cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting old erronous messages from database. Archiving set up later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have recently started the archiving on the XI server here. And this works fine for the defined interfaces. The rights interfaces are archived and deleted from the database.

However, from the same interface I have some old messages in the database, which were sent before the archiving started. These messages are either in status System Error or Cancelled Manually.

How can I delete these message from the database, as they will not be archived or deleted with the archiving procedures?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A. Schotanus,

I also have the same requirement as yours. I want to archiving/delete some old error messages which processed before I setup archiving job. Do you have already find the way to make it?

Thank you in advance.

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear A. Schotanus,

in general a check is performed for each message that has been canceled. Depending on

the configurational settings (see below) which are active right at the moment when the

message is canceled it will

- remain flagged for deletion OR

- get flagged for archiving

As per configuration you have the following options:

option 1. choose whether you want to archive a canceled message or not (yes / no)

If you decide to archive these message (=yes for option 1):

option 2. choose which versions are to be archived (only first verion / all versions)

There is one very important exception for productive systems. If a system is productive

(no DEV or QA system) canceled messages are ALWAYS archived. Ie. 'yes' for option 1

is hard coded and cannot be changed per configuration. Thus, in productive system you

can only decide on option 2. This is due to legal reasons in order to permanently document

the violation of the Exactly Once protocol in productive environments.

The configuration is done within the archiving section of the Integration Server or Integration

Engine. Run transaction SXMB_ADM -> Configuration -> Integration Engine configuration,

category=ARCHIVE.

The related parameters are:

option 1: ARCHIVE - PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES,

the default value for this parameter is '1'

option 2: ARCHIVE - PERSIST_ARCH_MANUAL_CHANGES - ONLY_FIRST_VERSION

the default value for this parameter is '0'

You might also have a look at the documentation of these parameters which is available directly

in the maintenance view.

With respect to your scenario this means that the above mentioned options have been checked

right when the cancelation took place. In case you did not do any configurational changes to the

related parameters, their defaults became active; ie. these message have been flagged to be

archived completely (all versions). Because of that you might want to run archiving once to get rid

of these messages.

Best Regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are looking for this

/people/gourav.khare2/blog/2007/12/21/mass-cancellation-of-error-messages--xi

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the link.

But I already did cancellation of the messages. Now I want them out of the database. They have status Canceled Manually and now I want them gone. Do not want to see them anymore in MONI.

How to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have cancelled the error messages, these will be removed during the next archiving job very similar to the sucess messages.

The only difference may be you got to check the Executed Until date/ time for these messages. You need to archive the messages until the date you find here.

Regards,

Jai shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

But these are old messages. How can I archive past messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really have not done archiving on XI server. So I cant comment on that.

I beleive when you set a archiving job, you will be able to set the date / time before which all success / cancelled messages to be archived. If you restart a error message you can see that Executed from and executed until dates are different in SXMB_MONI. You need to specify a date after this Executed Until date in the archive job.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

These messages were processed in the past. So the date will always be after this Executed untill date.

As are all processed messages, for that matter.

So why are these older messages not archived? Maybe something to do with the status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look via SE16 into table SXMSPMAST and check the field value of ITFACTION for the relevant messages. I think that the value is DEL and not ARCH.

Then you can check the SAP note 789352. Maybe this will help you.

Best regards.

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a SAP Note 807615 on this problem.

Basically it gives you some BSP to excute some SQL that will reset the expiration date/time of the selected messages, so that you can delete them.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Schotanus,

Trying using these reports in tcode se38 in XI as described in the weblog i mentioned above.

RSXMB_ARCHIVE_MESSAGES

RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Messages might be stored in some table right?

just write a DELETE statement on the table and provide correct where conditions.

in your case message createtion date before your Archving start date.

this DELETE statement u might have writeen in a SE38 program. execute it once and see..

there might some UI to do that, if u don't find any UI then do the above step.

Suresh