cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst login timeout during installation of NetWeaver 2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to install a new NetWeaver 2004s system using sapinst.

The Gui starts but after some seconds the connection breaks with the following error.

Starting GuiServer using:

/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142/bin/java -cp /usr/sap/put/Install_/sapinst_exe.1789.1199282891/JAR/instgui.jar:/usr/sap/put/Install/sapinst_exe.1789.1199282891/JAR/inqmyxml.jar -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom SDTServer config=jar:sdtserver.xml guiport=21212 sapinsthost=localhost sapinstport=21200 guistart=true

load resource pool /usr/sap/stage/PORTAL/BS_2005_SR2_SAP_Installation_Master/IM_LINUX_X86_64/resourcepool.xml

guiengine: no GUI connected; waiting for a connection on host , port 21200 to continue with the installation

guiengine: login in process.

guiengine: login timeout; the client was unable to establish a valid connection

I used an other port but I got the same error. The only thing which helps is a reboot of the server.

The operating system is LINUX.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Best Regards

Ines

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

found solution

jose_hernandez5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Do you mind sharing the solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP NW. I tried installing thru sapint.exe. I too get the login error. I didnt setup any login.Will it take my Windows ID?

Can you please share how did you fix this. !

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did all these things and as I told you before after the reboot of the server it works fine.

And my colleagues who are installing additional systems on that server have the same problem. It works after rebooting the server.

Regards

Ines

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use Reflection. I never had problems, this is the first time.

Best Regards

Ines

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.... let's go back to basics..

What version of JDK you have installed?; have you setup the JAVA_HOME environment properly?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm quite sure that this is not a problem of the DISPLAY or the X server because after the reboot of the server it works fine. And if it is a problem of the DISPLAY or the X server the gui won't start. But the gui starts and aborts after some seconds.

The Gui starts and it's possible to navigate and then the connection to the gui breaks.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Ines

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what software are you using to connect to the Linux box?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I did set the DISPLAY variable. The Gui starts but it aborts after some seconds.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Ines

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

It sounds like a problem to establish connection with the X server, are you sure the Xserver is running? You can try closing and restarting the Xserver before executing the command again.

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ines,

I think you're missing the DISPLAY environment variable.

set DISPLAY <IP_of_your_pc>:0.0

make sure your Xserver is up and running.

That should solve your problem

Regards

Juan