cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP System copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We did a system copy of out portal but did not use SAPinst. Instead we copied (RCP) sap mount/SID and USR/SAP/SID. We also did a Database restore.

When I click on the portal URL nothing appears, not even an error message.

The config tool and visual administrator works fine and I can not see any errors when I start SAP.

I have compared QA with DEV and all files are the same.

Any ideas why this has not worked? Our how we can resolve it?

Any help would be appeaciated.

Thanks,

Nick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can´t copy like this.

During the copy process, due to changed hostname and other things, the secure store becomes invalidiated, you still have the old hostname everywhere in the .properties files and the database etc.

Use http://service.sap.com/systemcopy (means sapinst) to do the copies. You can still use backups.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the response.

The copy we did was to a new server which has the same host name and port as the old server. So will that still not work?

The problem we have is that we have deleted the source system and only have the copied files on the target system. Can we still do a SAPInst on these copied files to the same location?

Cheers,

Nick.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... I doubt so.

Check the default.X.trc and application.X.log files for possible errors. I´m not sure if you will be able to resurrect that installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I checked them files but they are fine, no errors. May do a copy back from QA to DEV instead of a new installation.

Thanks for the help.

Nick.