cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender and Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the weblog /people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2, I did follow the steps. I configured serv-u FTP server for my local system. I gave my systems Ip Address, c:\FTPServer as the directory to be used.

In FileSender Adapter, I gave all the details...but still it is not working. Is there something else I am missing?

Please advice.

Thilothama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What have you specified in the "targetdirectory" of FTP commn channel. It should be the logical folder and not c:\FTPServer, hope you have taken care of it.

Also , better chk if that folder allows "anonymous" access

cos , if u had gone by the blog u mentioned , it talks of using an anonymous user. better always create a FTP user

make sure you have read/write permissions on the folder when u login as this user.

BTW What is that you are seeing in the adapter monitoring ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

FTP Server - Do I have to give the XI box's IP ?? I gave my local system's IP and I have configured my local system as a FTP server with the above IP and have given c:/ftpserver as the directory, test/test as username and password.

What do u mean by Logical folder?? how do i give that??

My question is, what is the underlying logic?? XI takes the file from the ftp server (even if its my local system)?

Also I am connecting through VPN to XI, so Do I have to do something on the FTP server side?? like connecting to XI through FTP?? I am totally blind..Please help!!!

It would help if you could give step by step solution

Thanks

Thilothama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you are giving the right IP when using VPN. Because your ISP or Router will give you an IP and VPN will give you another IP, and you have to obtain it by going to the command line <b>IPCONFIG /ALL</b>. May be that is your problem.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did Ipconfig/all and there was an IP address which I gave while configuring FTP server for my local system. So when I connect to VPN, is it enough to just start the ftp server? Which I did..but no use..

Do I have to link FTP of my local system and XI system??

Message was edited by: Thilothama v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check your Adapter Monitor ?

If not go to adapter monitor for XI SP > 09

http://<host>:5<sysnum>00/rwb -> Component Monitoring -> All Display -> Adapter Engine -> Adapter Monitor

XI SP <= 09

http://<host>:5<sysnum>00/AdapterFramework

Check whether your adapter is active or not.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please explain explain what is not working, the file is not working / mapping not working ??

regards,

Ravi