cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate even if build fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got 2 activities, where the first one of them cannot be activated because the code fails to build. The error it returns has been solved in the code contained in the second activity. So, my question is: can I just activate the first activity by checking "Activate even if build fails" ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was some files existed only locally. After adding them to the DTR, everything activated fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If activation of first activity has failed, then Admin can override the squence, Please check with them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then the last activity to activate would contain an error? Wouldn't that leave me with the same problem?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lieven,

You can create as many activities as you want and check-in them. But your last activity must be error-free. Your last activity must not be activated forcibly. It must be activated normally. Here you can check the CheckBox 'Activate with all predecessors'. If it is successful then only transport this otherwise stop and investigate where the problem is.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean I can activate the first one with the "Activate even if build fails" option and then activate the second one normally?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but I don't think it's of any use.

But you can not transport it because it will fail when your NWDI administrator builds it.

You must be ensure the last activity which you build and activate is error free.You just need to transport the last activity which is error free.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that, but... I cannot activate my last (error-free) activity without activating this second last activity. Or am I doing something wrong here?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lieven,

First try to activate all activities up to last activity. Whichever activity is activated without error, transport it. If all the activities till the last one are failing means there is a problem somewhere in your DC.

Check activation log for details.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got two activities left, one from 3 January and one from 7 January. My code that I have now, the changes reflected by the activity of 7 January, builds without a problem. When I try to activate the activity from 3 January, I get an error because my DC cannot be built.

From the log:

\[wdgen\] \[Error\] .Z_BAPI_MY_BAPI.Attribute: The mapping definition is inconsistent, the mapped context element does not exist.

So I now want to activate my changes, but I cannot activate my activity from 7 January, because the activity of 3 January "blocks" it.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lieven,

If you are getting the same error when you are trying to activate the activity of 7 January means there is problem still in the DC even though it builds successfully.

Search for the attribute in all views, controllers and models. Delete if it is not necessary or maintain proper bindings and mappings.

Change to navigator view -> delete wd_gen folder -> Build and deploy -> Now try to activate

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, after a "Sync sources", builds and deploys fine. After that, I go to the Activation View, right click the last activity (of 7 January) and choose Activate. I then get a popup window telling me that 1 predecessor activity is detected. I choose "Activate with all Predecessors".

Then, in the CBS Build Log, I get the error:

[wdgen] ERROR: java.lang.Exception: Problem running compiled template used for generating /usr/sap/NWD/JC05/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/3/.B/1142/t/A24AB097D637B907E4A0DB88A7E6ACEA/gwd/packages/com/c/b/e/m/org/model/objectcreate/Z_BAPI_MYBAPI.java: null, /usr/sap/NWD/JC05/j2ee/cluster/server0/temp/CBS/3/.B/1142/t/A24AB097D637B907E4A0DB88A7E6ACEA/gwd/packages/com/c/b/e/m/org/model/objectcreate/Z_BAPI_MYBAPI.java

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lieven,

That means there is a change in BAPI parameters. Check all your model nodes and attributes if any binding or mapping is missing. If you are not able to find, re import the model , there you can find the changes,then you can do bindings and mappings.

Hope this is helpful.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did change the BAPI parameters, so I already re-imported the model. And those changes should be present in the activity of 7 January. When I re-import the model again, I get:

\[Info\]: Deltas, if any:

so there are no changes.

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lieven,

Now as for as I know there may be two chances.

1. RFC changes are not transported yet.

2. At least one model attribute is missing bindings or mappings.

But then you should get compile -time errors. But you are able to build it successfully. But anyway check all your views and controllers whether you have missed anything.

Good luck.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Lieven,

> Now as for as I know there may be two chances.

> 1. RFC changes are not transported yet.

What exactly do you mean by this?

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The changes what you have done to RFC before re import are not transported.Now if you build the DC in CBS (which do not have updated version of RFC) it can not build the DC. So first transport RFC changes and then transport activities.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

So how could I check or repair this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can activate the second activity by specifying activate with predessors.

By Default when you activate all the predecessors are shown.

Checkin and activate the second one.

Just check your first activity name is their in the predecessors.

If its their, click on the activate button.

If rest all are fine both your activities will get activated.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I choose "Activate with all precedessors", it always start with the first activity, thus returning the aforementioned error.