cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am using sap ecc 6.0 sr2 on windows 2003 aand sql 2005.

i have taken my development backup in entriprise manager.its 53 gb..i have installed a standalone system with sam sid and tried to restores this backup.from entriprise manager.but it si throwing error

the eroor is

restore fai.led for server my server name.

aditional information:

system.data.sqlclient.sqlerror:restore canot process database 'DEV'(my sid) because it is in use by this session.it is recomeded that master datbase is used while performing this operation.

and i have take online backup.

can any one suggest me what to do to restore.

regaqrds

fahim sultan

Edited by: Fahim Sultan on Jan 9, 2008 9:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have dropeed my sid and restored .its happening

my sid qas is to be restored with sid dev what should i do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Detach database DEV from enterprise manager.

after that make sure the file structure of target system is same as of the source system and then try to restore database.

Regards

Ram

clas_hortien
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for me it looks like as you are trying to restore the DEV database. This database is currently present at your system and it is in use (is the R/3 still running?).

To avoid the message you have to ensure that nobody is using the database you want to override. This can be easily ensured by dropping the database first () or by checking in the currenty activity folder, which process is using it and to kill it first.

Regards

Clas

Former Member
0 Kudos

i stopped my r/3 and try to restore.plz can u suggest me how to restore online backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Clas wrote, there are some connections left on your DB. You could try to do something like this:

use master

go

alter database <SID> set single_user with rollback immediate /* have a look at the termination options! */

go

(now you restore command follows:)

restore database...

(now set the DB back to multi user access:)

use master

go

alter database <SID> set multi_user

go

Regards,

Sven