cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Sap Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed a Sap Solution Manager 4.0 SR (Central System Installation), it was my first installation. The OS is a Windows 2003 Server and the Database is 10.2.0.2. After the installation I see in the MMC 2 instances (as shown on the picture) , but I would have expected only one.

Besides I can’t Logon with Standard user Sap* .

[http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssmpg3.jpg]

Thanks

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Use instance 01 to login to SAP. Also set parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 in your instance profile & try to login with user SAP*.

Hope this help.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

unfortunately, the entry in the profile didn't bring the wanted the result. The message I get is 'name or password is incorrect', but I not changed the password or username.

br

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi carsten,

for user sap* passwd is pass, if it is not working, u would have given passwd when installing try that.if u still can not login try DDIC.

thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo sandeep,

During the installation , I forgiven a master password, with this i can logon in the Sap System.

Thanks

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten

You have one instance for SAP and one for J2EE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for the quick answer, then i must install only a database instance .

Thanks

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi carsten ,

from solman 3.2 onwards they separated enque and message server and put them in central instance.

you need both CI and database instance.

in the logon pad in the user defined tab enter application server as ssm and SID as S12 , system number as 00. hope it will help you to login. use ddic user to login or change the profile parameter to login using sap*.

thanks,

sandeep.