cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer As a Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am defining Customer,if this customer is my vendor also, then is it necessary to define Vendor?

Plz send me some solution for the same.

Thx & Regards,

Pankaj.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create a vendor also in this case with the same address and then assign this vendor in the customer masterdata. In this case, both SD and MM transactions will be reconciled at one reconciliation account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a must to create the customer as a vendor, if the customer is also a Vendor.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

If i am creating X as a customer & Y as a vendor, i am also assign customer as a vendor & vendor as a customer .

also i am giving Reconcilation Account in both customer & Vendor as different.

Then what is the impact of that Customer as a vendor?

is it any impact in Finance?

Plz send me some solution for the same.

Thx & Regards,

Pankaj.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Fine,whatever the transactions the customer made as a vendor, those will be stored in vendor Rec. account.

Also whatever he made as a customer, that will be stored in customer Rec. Account , mentioned in the CMR.

There will not be any clashes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As Kaleeshwaran told above, SAP posts the values in to different Rec Accounts and which makes easy for the accounts while making the payment or receiving the payments.

All the transactions as a customer and as a vendor are maintained at the same place. This is the advantage.

Reward points if helpful

Thanks

Venkat Cheedalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj

It is necessary to define a Vendor. The Recon a/c. for this vendor will be different with that of Customer.

Rgds

Sunil

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankay,

While creating Customer master through XD01 you enter the data in the Control data tab which is related to Vendor details ,This will use when we take that perticuler customer as Vendor.

I hope it will solve you issue,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Murali,

Thx for your reply.

But my question is is it necessary to define vendor?

Also if yes then what is the purpose of it Customer as a Vendor.

where it impacts?

then Reconsilation account for both customer & vendor is same?

Plz send me some solutionfor the same.

Thyx & regards,

Pankaj.M