cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass the date and its parameters to RFC on action of a button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im having a button, on clicking that i have to pass the current date and some parameters like date category and date type of that button to the RFC.

Explain in detail about the procedures to be followed to pass the values.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can You Eloborate your querry little more in detail.....

Regards

Chandran S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Suresh,

SAP has provided a very beautifull Tutorial to explain, how to call the RFC from your WebDynpro application.i am giving you the Link for that..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/49f2ea90-0201-0010-ce8e-de1...

Once you get familiar with that you need to call one Controller method from the action event handler of the Button and in the Controller call the RFC.

you need to get the system Current System Date using JAVA Api's and then pass these parameter to your RFC.

regards,

sahu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahu,

i'm fine with those steps, there they have given steps to call an RFC and display the data. Actually i need to save the data.

i have done with the event handlers and methods also..

Now i need to know how to pass the values to RFC to save it, by clicking on a button.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Suresh,

get the user Input in the view ,create a context in the view and then map this context value to controller,by doing you will get the User Input in Controller and now pass this value in RFC.

If you are not familiar with context mapping then please go through the SAP Provided tutorials or let me know.

thanks!

sahu

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Try this tutorial: [Handling Transactions with BAPIs in Web Dynpro|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d352a790-0201-0010-5082-b1a608d22b6c]

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your req., "to pass the current date and some parameters like date category and date type of that button to the RFC", since SAP Date field is of 8 chars length you can't store all info in that field.

Approach can be creating data element of string(40) and sending all info concatenated and separated by :.