Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

encountering errors in File scenarios

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am encountering errors

1.system cannot find path specified when connecting to FTP server in File to FTP scenario

2.file is not being picked up when the source file is in CSV format in File to File scenario.

can any one suggest me something

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

For the first scenario, the path that you specified may not be exists. Give the FTP server name separate and specify the path on the target directory.

For the second scenario, try to find that your channel is correctly running using the RWB. If its working look at the sender channel record structure, where the structure name should be specified correctly Eg. Employee,*.. Still its not working look at the Folder Option from the Tools Menu (My Computer), where deselect the option 'Hide Extensions for unknown file types'..

This will help you..

Thanks

Vinod V

• Help me with points

Former Member
0 Kudos

communication channels have error status. what to do now?

Does this mean i didnt configure the channel properly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the status of your communication channel from RWB->Componenet monitoring

And let me know the result.

Have you checked the options which i suggested you.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked with your option. I am able to ping the machine and even i am able to create a folder in that.

But i am not sure whether my login id works or not.

Coming to Component Monitoring, communication channels are having errors? now, how to know where i made a mistake. And where probably i went wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first, Go to Comm channel monitoring and provide the details of your sender communication channel name and provide the exact error message.

and also try to connect to the FTP server from your local machine through browser and access the particular directory you have specified in the Sender CC. If it asks for any user name and password provide the necessary details and the same has to be furnished in your sender CC channel as well.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rupesh,

What does the comm.channel error states? Can u reply the error desc..

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am unable to view communication channel errors since i do not have sufficient privillages for that

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

might be some issue with the path soecified in the CC. ling to the path and check u have specified the same path like u have done in the cmd prompt. also check with teh basis for authroizations for viewing the CC log in rwb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have the following roles for any developer user. Check the roles for the same in this link.

http://www.erpgenie.com/sap/netweaver/xi/xiauthorizations.htm

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.system cannot find path specified when connecting to FTP server in File to FTP scenario

Please check the error that is specified in the sender cc, and also check the path specified in the communication channel and the path where file is placed is the same. Also check if you are using an FTP server u may need to specify the user name and password in case if it is not default.

2.file is not being picked up when the source file is in CSV format in File to File scenario.

Check in Sender cc whether the structure in the DT and the FCC conversion details you have specified are in sycn .

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have configured FTP server correctly. Check also your file adapter details like FTP server, username password. Refer

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Make sure you have correct permissions to pick/delete the file

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rupesh,

Can u check for the slashes '\' it has to be backward slashes....

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check the following:

1) from your browser are you able to test the connnection: ftp://IP address of FTP server, Are you able to see the folders.

2) Check the FTp parameters on communication channel with the login id and password.

3) Do you have read as well as write acess on the FTP folder.

4) Can you ping the FTP server from command prompt.

Thnx

Chirag