cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Box Command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created 2 pages in my script.In the first page i've useed BOX command & also a Standard Text for the column headings in the Main window.When the first page is overflown,obviously it is displaying the remaining records in the second page.But, the Box command & the Standard text are not getting executed.

i.e. the records in the second page r not getting displayed in the BOX & the column headings (which r defined using Standard text) also not getting displayed...........

Plz help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

where u have writeen u r BOX and Stan. text. obviously in the main window.

u might have written them using a seperate /:E element and calling only once in the program.

i.e. u might have called BOX element and Text before the loop which are not over flowing to second page where as items element is in a loop and getting flown to next page.

write BOX data with in the /:E of items and if you want Headings on all pages u have to trigger it conditionally.

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for responding.I've already tried it out by writing the BOX command in the text element MAIN(in which the loop is running),but with that,the box is getting printed for all the records.Thats the problem.......

Then i've also put a condition in that MAIN text element "If it is not the first page & also only for the first time it should print the box".Like that i've put a condition,still it is not giving the exact output.....

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then Count the No. of items u r printing in a PAGE.

for first page call BOX element and Header before the loop.

with in the loop once count reached the expected number of lines per page

call control command NEW-PAGE and call BOX as well as Header. and clear the count.

this will be repeteated for every end of page.

Try this out and let me know the result.

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for ur answer.I think this logic works,i'll try it out & let u know,thank u............

Pavan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the box is not coming still then U try to draw the box from other window other than Main window and try to give the X & Y co-ordinate positions according to the requirement.

bye,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u rajesh,

Presently i m working on the same,thanks for ur suggestion....

Pavan.