cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing the NonModel External Window in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Webdynpro Application, in which i used to call the webdynpro application in a Separate external window by using the below code.

String depObjectName =wdComponentAPI.getDeployableObjectPart().getDeployableObjectName();

WDDeployableObjectPart depObjectpart=WDDeployableObject.getDeployableObjectPart(depObjectName,"TestApp",WDDeployableObjectPartType.APPLICATION);

String url = URLGenerator.getApplicationURL(depObjectpart) ;

*// Code to Popup the View in External window by calling the Application *

window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createNonModalExternalWindow(url,"Update View");

wdContext.currentContextElement().setCtx_WindowInstance(window);

window.setWindowSize(625, 225);

window.setWindowPosition(50, 75);

*window.setTitle("Update View"); *

window.show();

This opens the Separate external window and after editing some fields, I need to Update the DB and close the window.

When i try to use the code,

window.destroyInstance();

The window is not getting closed. I have used the window instance as the static IWDWindow window, still i am not able to close the window.

Anyone Please let me know how to close the External Non Model Window.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

Check out the links below:

[Thread 461837|;

[Thread 3635827|]

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

my suggestion is to open another window that contains html code which invokes opener . close() on the parent window - your window to be closed. This worked for me and made my day.

I open an HTML file created as IWDCachedWebResource as nonModalExternalWindow over a LinkToAction which invokes onActionClose. There is a second window opening for a short moment which will be closed by its onLoad event.

The HTML code is basically sporting a < script >-section which contains a call to opener . close().

regards,

Christian

Ps: sorry, I can't post the code - it simply does not work... Had the same problem days ago with another thread .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Please send me the code to my mail id sekar.ep@gmail.com

By the way i am working in NW 2004s SP12.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Sekar