cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"test connection " in JCO destination = ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , please if anyone can help. I create a JCO destination ok. I test it and get this error :

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=npahrdev GROUP=PUBLI R3NAME=NPD MSSERV=sapmsNPD PCS=1 ERROR Group PUBLIC not found TIME Thu Sep 29 17:01:47 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3498 DETAIL LgIGroup COUNTER 1

Does this mean that a group PUBLIC has to be maintained in th er3 system.

If this is the case 2 things:

1) why does the config that is sent to the SLD not updated with this info (or is it default)

2) What do i need to do to get this running.

This problem is stopping me from creating any of the Jco connections that point to the message server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

When you are creating your technical system in SLD, it will ask for logon group and default value for that is PUBLIC.

So, if there is another logon group available in SAP R/3 then specify here while creating Technical system.

Then while creating JCO, choose logon group as you have specified in SLD instead of PUBLIC.

This is one way. But, if you want to continue with PUBLIC group then goto SMLG/SLMG transaction in SAP R/3 and there create one logon group named PUBLIC.

Now, you can able to test your JCOs correctly.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Have you resolved this problem?

If yes then please close this thread.

Don't forget to award points if it was helpful.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I am having same problem, i have created a logon group using Transaction SMLG i created a logon group PUBLIC for our server.

But still i am getting error,

error goes as below. Can you please help me out.

Just for your info.. we have a little weired scenario.

We have ECC Ides and NW'04 installed seperately on same server.

This occurs only in Metadata JCO for others its working fine.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to message server host failed Connect_PM TYPE=B MSHOST=chn-mumsap02 GROUP=PUBLIC R3NAME=NWD MSSERV=sapmsNWD PCS=1 ERROR Group PUBLIC not found TIME Tue Oct 25 20:01:59 2005 RELEASE 640 COMPONENT LG VERSION 5 RC -6 MODULE lgxx.c LINE 3515 DETAIL LgIGroup COUNTER 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Check case sensitivity of the group PUBLIC in SAP R/3 as well as in WAs when you creating JCO.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Finally i am able to solve this. I am not able to figure out. what was exactl problem. But after all settings, when i restarted server, this was working.

thanks a lot Bhavik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check this link out

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please logon to your SLD and add the System that you are trying to connect under "TechnicalSystems" in the SLD.

While adding the System makesure that your are adding the PUBLIC group.

After adding the system in the SLD, Open ContentAdministrator and delete the old Jco Connections and create the connections onceagain.

Regards, Anilkumar