Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC packaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using IDOC packaging .

The requirement is if even one Idoc processing fails no Idocs should be posted..

can any one say wat can be done to this..

TIA.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creating IDoc Packets

If you send master data directly, a function module creates an IDoc for each master data object, for example, material. In most cases more than one master data object can be passed to the function modules for IDoc creation.

http://help.sap.com/search/highlightContent.jsp

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38d5ecd...

Idoc Bundling:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/02/27/collecting-and-bundling-vendor-records-from-different-multiple-interfaces-file-systempeoplesoft-and-sending-to-sap-r3-system-part-2

Have a look into these links :

For IDOC Packaging refer this blog:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/21/xi-idoc-to-idoc-tunneling--how-fast-and-easy-can-you-get

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/05/managing-bulky-flat-messages-with-sap-xi-tunneling-once-again--updated

Also follow this useful link bu Michal Krawczyk

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Idoc Packaging is just take the same data and posting into sevelral idocs...so, if any error in the one idoc posting means..(the problem is with the data only).. so, remaining idocs also containing the same data.. so, we will get the errors for remaining idocs also...

small doubt.. are u sending the same data as multiple idocs.. is it correct.. or.. you are sending different data for each idoc..

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is different data being sent for different idocs...

i wasnt able to find any thing tat are useful for me in those blogs...

regards,

rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh Babu on Jan 9, 2008 9:58 AM

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

havent worked with idoc packagin but i hope that this needs to be handeled in the target system. in the target system instead of having the option process immedialey in the partner profile have the option collect idocs enabled. check the user exit for idoc posting and if one idoc fails have logic implemeted so that the trailing idocs also fails.