cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Processes and Forms - Execute PA40 Actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to configure the HCM Forms (Web Dynpro for ABAP version) in ECC 6.0.

It is required to execute Actions using PA40 transaction while updating the infotypes from the data entered in the form.

I believe the standard PA service does not run the PA40 action but instead updates the infotypes directly,

Request advice/suggestions on implementing this solution.

Regards,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Mornng

Someone has implemented buildup of HCM Processes and Forms to make a questions with a form that I designed.

The Best Regard

wsantiagoe@yahoo.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning

Alok and Gangaramany and

Christopher Sun ...

I have the following issue, the requirement is only that a form and through workflow manager RH reaches an e-mail and execute the measure PA40 in the ECC.

The form is already, but he remains in a loop. And does nothing more when push the button for sending data.

I have the manual of configuration. Some of your can help me and i send documentation of configuration for see that this bad.

They may tell me that I can mail account to send configuration

The best regards

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard SAP_PA service does NOT run actions just as you guessed. In fact, it utilizes the new decoupled infotype framework (nice wiki on here about it). As of the intial release of HCM P&F, you have standard SAP_PA (Personnel Admin infotypes) operations and SAP_PT(time infotypes) operations. You will have form fields that relate to an infotype SCREEN STRUCTURE fields. The screen structure gets passed through a conversion class (input and output versions) and then will populate the actual related infotype fields and perform the action (create, change, delete) as directed in configuration of the SAP_PA service's operation. It's a it confusing, I know. In some cases, you could however duplicate your action by making multiple operation calls to SAP_PA. Otherwise, yes, you would have to create a generic service (via BADIs) of your own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christopher,

Thanks for your response. Can you shed more light on the creation of generic service?

I would like to do the following:

1) Create a Generic Service that would execute PA40 actions

2) Generic Service to be able to have values for dropdown fields on the form.

Do you have any document that details on the creation steps for this service? I have tried going through the SAP help but finding it difficult to follow to configure these things.

Regards,

Alok

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

(1) This would depend on the action. What I mean is that if in your action, it is basically just creating or updating several infotypes, you can duplicate this with MULTIPLE calls to SAP_PA and passing it each infotype (fields of the IT) as it goes down the SAP_PA calls by the order you defined. Makes sense?

(2) There are PLENTY of examples of this in the example forms that SAP provides. Look in those.

No documents so to speak.....I have just been doing it....I look at the examples and go from there. The help.sap.com information includes a nice step-by-step tutorial process for you to build. It really is good at walking you through the whole thing...first by making a very simple 2 step process and then in subsequent steps, you add complexity to the process (which is exactly how we are now doing this in our own devleopment)

Also, we just hit a nice "snag" that we are working through right now...we are having to install a new support pack and enhancement package for the new ABAP Webdynpro version of the HR Administrator services since SAP no longer will support the prior Java webdynpro version (See note 1024326).