cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to assign multiple batches to one inspection lot in QM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to assign multiple batches to single inspection lot in QM. Will it be 1:1 ratio for batches to inspection lot? Please quide me how can I achieve this.

Thanks,

Jiten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Jitendra,

actually the replies given all state the truth that there is a 1:1 relationship.

What you could however do is activate the BAdi QECOPY with which you can copy results from one inspection lot to another, this would at least make it easier to transfer the results from one inspection lot to another.

Hope that this information is useful for your purposes.

Regards,

Isabelle

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiten,

In the standard system it is a 1:1 relationship from Inspection Lot to Batch. You cannot therefore assign multiple batches to an inspection lot.

Sorry about that.

Colin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colin,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I do have a requirement to find out the possibilities of having multiple batches (there will be few harvest batches every day for a week) for one inspection lot and record results for that. That can save lot of man hours and also the paper. Technically it make sense to achieve the desired function, but as you said, it was not standard SAP functionality. Well, I have to do little more digging before I rule out any thing. Anyhow, thanks again for your quick reply.

Thanks,

Jiten

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Even as per my understading it is not possible but the relationship between batch & inspection lot is not 1:1 but we can have number of inspection lot for the same batch.

Please reward if you find the info useful...

Regards

Kaushik