Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the User who changed the connection settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am basically a BW guy but i am looking at your precious Guidance in this issue.

We have a situation in our BW production system. The job loads are working fine till now but seems like someone has meddled with RFC connection with R/3 prod.

The connection between R/3 and BW is broken. I would like to know if there is any way to find the User or some Log to find who might have medelled with the RFC's .

Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

satish M

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Which release are you on?

Option 1: Take a look in SM59 selecting the destination and there is a "last changed" information displayed.

Option 2: the table for these connections are often not logged for table change logging, but if they are... then try transaction SCU3 on the backend tables (table RFCDES is a good start).

(search for rec/client and recclient etc as search terms).

Option 3: Why would someone change a connection? Try to analyze what happened during the time period after the change, or even immediately before the change (audit logs, system events, server statistics etc). A simple check would be via SM20 to see who started SM59 immediately prior to this. A more complex check would be analyzing the RFC profiles in ST03N.

Option 4: On the R/3 side, you might be able to find the same auditable information as well (perhaps even the IP address of the caller?) Tip: The person might have created a dump... => transaction ST22.

Option 5: There are some other additional logging, tracing and control possibilities at a deeper technical level, if used or active at that point in time.

Cheers,

Julius