Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in logging in DTR

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am setting up the NWDI in a fresh EP 7.0 SP13 installation.

When I use Link: [http://<hostname>:<port>/dtr] link, i get a "HTTP 403 : Frobidden" error ( i.e., I dont have access to it).

I have also created a test DTR client in my studio and renamed the "plugin.xml.disabled" to "plugin.xml". But when I check the Permissions View, I get the following error :- "Accessing server root property (XCM_CLIENT:minVersion) failed : Forbidden [(pre||post-condition failed: DAV:access-denied".

So I cannot access DTR both from Internet explorer and from the studio. I have "NWDI Administrator" and "JDI Administrator" roles assigned to my id, which I have been using.

What authorization am I missing here? Where do I assign this from? Can some one please help me in this?

Thanks,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that you have made the User and Security Settings as given in the SAP Note 840523 - NWDI server configuration: user, group and security role

Hope it helps !

Regards

Srinivasan T

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, you should not install NWDI on any of the runtime systems you plan to develop for: Deployments triggered by NWDI may require a server restart, thus causing a restart of the NWDI server in such a case.

Install NWDI on a separate Java stack.

Concerning your DTR connection problem: Which version is your NWDS?

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the advice.

Can you please elaborate on "you should not install NWDI on any of the runtime systems you plan to develop for: Deployments triggered by NWDI may require a server restart, thus causing a restart of the NWDI server in such a case.Install NWDI on a separate Java stack"

Does this mean that there should always be a seperate NWDI server? Can you provide some links for this as well which will help me understand this better?

DTR connection problem: I am using NWDS version 7.0.13.

Thanks,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is an explanation to what Pascal says :

SAP recommends not to use the J2EE engine, on which CMS server is running, as a runtime system. Because, when you import SCs which have offline deployment contents, the deployment leads to a deadlock i.e. the CMS server is shut down by the import.

If the DTR and CBS are running on the same J2EE Engine, starting / restarting the engine causes the deployment to be omitted in the central development system. In this case, manual restart of CBS service through the Visual Administrator might be needed.

Normally, when the number of users is more than 50, it is better to have a separate server for CBS and another for DTR&CMS with a precondition that the servers are on same SP level. In addition, JDI and XI installations should not be on same server.

So, it is highly recommended to have JDI server components installed on one or more servers.

Regards

Srinivasan T

former_member1191927
Participant
0 Kudos

This problem is solved now. My id was not part of NWDI.Administrators group, now when I added, it started working and I can access DTR.

Thanks Srinivas and Pascal for your help,

Hari