cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submission of Late BID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have a Requirement to process some bid invitation even after the deadline date. Ofcourse, Vendors will not be submitting the bidt, client will be doing it through surrogate bid process on vendors behalf.

Currently SRM 5.0 will not allow us to do that and throw a message "End date has been reached. The submission deadline has passed".

I tried debugging the Program behind "BBP_BID_INV" to find a place to programatically avoid the error. But in vain.

Can you guys throw some light on this requirement. Is there a way to do that...any BADIs....or any other route.

Points will be awarded.

Thanks

Vinodh Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to change the std message from Error to warning through the foll path:

SPRO>Supplier Relationship Management>SRM Server>Cross-Application Basic Settings>Message Control-->Influence Message Control.

Another way would be to directly modify the std code where this message is thrown.

HTH.

BR,

Disha.

Pls reward points for useful answers.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no Config change or BADIs available to handle this. after spending a good week time to explore other options, finally decided to go for the Core Mod and found the place where the check is happening. Tried in debugging and it works.

Hope to apply this as a last resort.

Thanks again for your time. appreciated.

Vinodh Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Can you please share with the other forum Members what have you done.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

Thanks for the reply.

But unfortunately the Config change to make it a Warning message did not help. actually, system is not erroring out. It pops a window with the message "End date has been reached. The submission deadline has passed" and the regular functions of processing the bid and other buttons does not appear on the screen.

Le'me know if you know any other route.

In the mean while let me dig out the code to figure out a place for code mod.

Thanks again for yout time. appreciated.

VInodh Balakrishnan