Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Narrowing RFC authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen the following objects thats directly related to the RFC auths

1.S_RFC ( Auth Check for RFC acess)

2.S_RFCACL (Auth check for RFC user )

3.S_TABU_RFC ( Client comaprison & Copy -Data export withRFC)

Now the question :

What else is needed ? The answer we need to determinewhat else is doen by the RFC user ..etc I understand!!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> What else is needed ?

Activating the checks?

0 Kudos

Certianly I will activate the checks. Now my question is will this sufficiently replace the system user profile

my quest is to limit the RFC User profile to the bare minimum

0 Kudos

What does your RFC user need to do?

0 Kudos

Hi George

How and where you will activate the checks, there are 2 types of profile, 1) roles & authorization profile, 2) user-profile about his logon data and attached roles inforamtion.

As i understand from your question, once you activate the RFC authorization check in the role, the attahed users will authorized immediately.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

0 Kudos

>

> Certianly I will activate the checks. Now my question is will this sufficiently replace the system user profile

My understanding is that there are dependencies. Activating S_RFCACL deactivates S_RFC (all else being the same), however deactivating the password might be more desirable.

I would say, it depends.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Juluis!

Anwer,On the Auth & Profiles--> on general interest, not few days back there was a very interesting discussion you may want to check that too ..its starts with a very seeminlgy insignificant question but .....the posts - its a thriller !