cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 2004s/7.0 Installation questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am pretty new in SAP technology and trying to understand installation procedure. If you please help me with the following questions, I will really appreciate that.

The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.5 86_64.

The DB is Oracle 10GR2.

Everything will reside on a single machine.

Questions:

1. What DVD's are required from SAP (assuming I have Oracle 10GR2 CDs) to install SAP NetWeaver 2004s/7.0?

2. What are the exact installation steps?

3. If BI 7.0 is to be installed, how that will be incorporated?

4. What SAP documents I need?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sincerely appreciate all the responses. The remaining question I have is:

• Do I need any Oracle DVD from SAP & if it, what is that?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please read the installation manual for your system:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Before you begin the installation, you will need to include the functional team and business users in the planning team and understand the usage type that require to be installed. Will they require a java instance, is an enterprise portal required etc..

You can order the Netweaver 7 installation DVD's from SAP and it will include the required documentation, the pocket books that are provided are cool, they will help you plan the install and identify the required DVD's. The manuals are very clear.

Cheers,

Nisch

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. you will need the oracle cds from the sap marketplace...do not use the ones from oracle!!! furthermore you will need the installation master dvd, j2ee dvd, installation export dvds, kernel dvd (either unicode or non)

2. do you have access to sapnet (sap marketplace)? you will get all relevant documentation and sapnotes from sapnet...

3. if you install abap and java you will have the opportunity to choose the appropriate packages for BI

4. see 2. (Installation Guide NW 70 and appropriate SAPnotes)

GreetZ, AH