cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE 2 RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can any one give on real time rxample of soap 2 rfc scenario?which expalins that what is the source and the response?please help?

regards,

somu

Edited by: so mu on Jan 8, 2008 4:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi so mu,

Lets think about the ebuy for the SOAP-RFC scenario. You put a request on a property that you wished to buy with a condition on price range. The Request goes to the XI ( as SOAP) and the XI gets the data from the R3 using the RFC. and the result will be gets back to the one who made the request..

You can use the jsp, as it can handle the SOAP message structure from the user request side..

Hope this may Help you..

• I don't think you may need to use the File adapter for this purpose.. Please tell me your requirement, if you need to use the above.

Thanks

Vinod V

*Help me with points.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have documented the complete steps involved in the same here - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi

Also for your further references;

RFC -> SOAP

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/28/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-2

Troubleshooting -

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LEts say,

some one needs all the roles of an SAP user id.

You can put the SAP UID in the file and then XI call the RFC, RFC in return gives the roles. These roles can be written to another file.

If it is an SOAP adapter on sender side, Web Service is called with UID, which in turn returns the roles to the calling application.

VJ

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SOAP to RFC

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/11/07/walkthrough--soap-xi-rfcbapi - Blog From Shabarish Vijayakumar

File to RFC

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Edited by: Agasthuri Doss Baladandapani on Jan 8, 2008 10:01 AM