cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order - Account Assignment Grp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In Sales Order -> Billing tab, there is a field called Account assignment group. At the moment, when a material is added to sales order during creation stage, this field gets updated from the data maintained in the material master & cannot be changed.

I would like to know, can we make this field selectable? If we can, then what are the impacts which would happen?

Hope my question is clear, await inputs.

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Simple solution would be to not go for the complicated logic of using user exit.

When you create a billing document from the sales order the same account assignment group gets carried forward. But in billing this field is editable and can be changed.

Rgds

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Jonathan & Mr. Sunil,

Thanks for the info. But would like to know, if i change the Act assignment group in Billing document, while the act. assignment grp in sales order is different, will it not cause any conflict?

If it is modifiable in billing document, then why has SAP not made it modifiable in sales order?

Await your inputs.

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again, friend.

in one scenario, let's say...

it is possible to have no entry in the account assignment field (whether header/customer level or item/material level). this can be because there were no entries in the account assignment field in either the customer master or the material master, or if the field in the sales order was left blank manually.

when you process the billing, the system will try to copy from the sales order. if the sales order, customer master or the material master do not have these data, then you have to manually enter these in the billing document.

there will be no conflict as only the data in the billing will be used for posting to accounting.

in another scenario, let's say...

in sales order creation you manually assigned a customer assignment group (different from intended, for example group "NON-TRADE) at header level. now after you process delivery and post goods issue, you now create billing and try to save it.

in this case the system will save the billing but give you a message that there was an error in account determination (because of error in assigning customer assignment group). now you manually correct the entry (using for example, DOMESTIC TRADE) in the billing and save it again. if this time you used the correct value, posting to accounting will be successful.

now the entries will be different between sales order and billing but the system will take the correct value from the billing document.

hope this helps.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way, while you can manually correct entries in the customer/header level, this may not be true for item/material. so you have to be sure that your master data is complete.

regards.

jty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs. It has helped me get a clear understanding.

Keep the good work going.

Cheers,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

to your question "Why Sap gave option of account assignment group to be copied at sales order level if it has no work overe there and only effect will come in billing"

to this i understand that billing could never be created without referring to sales oreder or delivery document.

and master data are only copied in sales order and delivery document and not in billing. so billing gets its input from them.

so it gets determined in sales order.

I agree with mr. jonathan that if account assignment group are differnt in sales order and billing no problem is seen.

regards/ashu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in VF01 Create Billing Document mode, you can manually make entries in the account assignment group. This field is editable as long as the billing document has not been posted to accounting.

Once this has been posted to accounting, this field cannot be changed unless you use the user exits as mentioned.

the possible impacts are related to posting to accounting, as in which G/L accounts the items will be posted to. these are configured in VKOA.

hope this helped.

regards.

jty

valentin_catalin2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This field, material account assignment group is determined from the material master data.

You can activate this field for changes using user-exit USER_EXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION (include MV45AFZZ).

I'm not sure what will be the impact in your document but I suppose everything should be OK because this field is used in the billing document when the FI document is generated.

Best Regards,

Valentin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valentin,

Thank you very much for the info, i would like to know is there any link where i can get information on how a User-exit is to be implemented. I know it is the work of an ABAPer, but i would like to have a conceptual understanding. If you have any document on the same, can you share?

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please find the user exit corresponding to program MV45AFZZ

User exits in the program MV45AFZZ

The user exits which you can use for modifications in sales document processing are listed below.

USEREXIT_DELETE_DOCUMENT

This user exit can be used for deleting data, which was stored in a separate table during sales document creation, for example, if the sales document is deleted.

For example, if an additional table is filled with the name of the person in charge (ERNAM) during order entry, this data can also be deleted after the sales order has been deleted.

The user exit is called up at the end of the FORM routine BELEG_LOESCHEN shortly before the routine BELEG_SICHERN.

USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION

This user exit can be used to modify the attributes of the screen fields.

To do this, the screen fields are allocated to so-called modification groups 1 - 4 and can be edited together during a modification in ABAP. If a field has no field name, it cannot be allocated to a group.

The usage of the field groups (modification group 1-4) is as follows:

o Modification group 1: Automatic modification with transaction MFAW

o Modification group 2: It contains 'LOO' for step loop fields

o Modification group 3: For modifications which depend on check tables or on other fixed information

o Modification group 4: is not used

The FORM routine is called up for every field of a screen. If you require changes to be made, you must make them in this user exit.

This FORM routine is called up by the module FELDAUSWAHL.

See the Screen Painter manual for further information on structuring the interface.

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAK

Use this user exit to assign values to new fields at sales document header level. It is described in the section "Transfer of the customer master fields into the sales document" .

The user exit is called up at the end of the FORM routine VBAK_FUELLEN.

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBAP

Use this user exit to assign values to new fields at sales document item level. It is described in the section "Copy customer master fields into the sales document".

The user exit is called up at the end of the FORM routine VBAP_FUELLEN.

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP

Use this user exit to assign values to new fields at the level of the sales document schedule lines.

The user exit is called up at the end of the FORM routine VBEP_FUELLEN.

USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD

Use this user exit to assign values to new fields for business data of the sales document. It is described in the section "Copy customer master fields into sales document".

The user exit is called up at the end of the FORM routine VBKD_FUELLEN.

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE

Use this user exit to define the number ranges for internal document number assignment depending on the required fields. For example, if you want to define the number range depending on the sales organization (VKORG) or on the selling company (VKBUR), use this user exit.

The user exit is called up in the FORM routine BELEG_SICHERN.

USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMK

Use this user exit if you want to include and assign a value to an additional header field in the communication structure KOMK taken as a basis for pricing.

USEREXIT_PRICING_PREPARE_TKOMP

Use this user exit if you want to include or assign a value to an additional item field in the communication structure KOMP taken as a basis for pricing.

USEREXIT_READ_DOCUMENT

You use this user exit if further additional tables are to be read when importing TA01 or TA02.

The user exit is called up at the end of the FORM routine BELEG_LESEN.

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

Use this user exit to fill user-specific statistics update tables.

The user exit is called up by the FORM routine BELEG-SICHERN before the COMMIT command.

Note

If a standard field is changed, the field r185d-dataloss is set to X. The system queries this indicator at the beginning of the safety routine. This is why this indicator must also be set during the maintenance of user-specific tables that are also to be saved.

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

Use this user exit to make certain changes or checks immediately before saving a document. It is the last possibility for changing or checking a document before posting.

The user exit is carried out at the beginning of the FORM routine BELEG_SICHERN.

hope this helps u

regards,

Arun prasad