cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which authorization do we need to change a SWCV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I try to change the Software Component Version in PI, it tells me "Insufficient authorization to change object Software Component Version <SWCV name>". What kind of authorization do i need for the same.

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Merrilly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merrilly,

You would need the following role to be able to edit SWCV.

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER

Regards,

Sumit

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be better that the SWC are changed only by the SLD admins. Usually this is BASIS. SLD Administrator role would have all of these. In addition as mentioned above, SLD_CONFIGURATOR is sufficient

VJ

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all,

My problem has been solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merrilly,

Could you please tell me how you solved the problem? I am also unable create a namespace under SWCV in IR.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merrilly,

Could you please tell me how you solved the problem? I am also unable create a namespace under SWCV in IR.

Thanks & Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select your software component and try to check the check box "Objects are modifiable" option, then you wil be able to create the namespace.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

I had not been given certain roles. just see the erpgenie link and tell your basis team to provide you with the necessary roles. It will work then.

Regards,

Merrilly

Edited by: Merrilly Mathew on Mar 18, 2008 11:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shobhit,

SAP_XI_CONTENT_ORGANIZER would help you.

Regards,

Sumit

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generaly its not a good practice to modify SWCV you need to create in SLD then import it. Although if you want you can do it by opening SWCV in Repository then down the namespaces, you can see 2 check boxes named as Objects are original objects and Objects are modifiable. You need to check the option Objects are Modifiable.

Then you can change it. I'hv not tried but check if it helps?

BR

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos
prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try these roles

SAP_XI_IR_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_CONFIGURATOR_J2EE

SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE

Regards,