Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to sync the Mobile 7.1 client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to mobile space in SAP.

I have installed Mobile 7.1 client.

In sync setting i have given the details.

1) How to find out the port info for any particular system.

2) How to create a deviceID?

Kindly guide me through these things.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the port you see in transaction SMICM on the system. Open GOTO -> SERVICES and there zou see the different running Services. Take the port number for HTTP - this will work then.

Device ID should be created automatically with first sync I think.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

Yes i got the port information.

But i have installed the client and gave all the setting in the client for Mobile 7.1.

After syncronization, there is an error displaying:

Connection time out???

I also want to knaow about Mobnile 7.1 is that,

1) First do we need to create a device in Mobile administrator first or sync the client to get the device name???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, what does the MI trace tell you? Usually the error descrition there is better.

Usually you just sync and then with the first sync Device Name and Device ID are created.

If you still get the error, increae the trace level on the device and see if the trace tells you something helpful.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Each physical device has to have a corresponding logical device in the Administration portal.

Create a logical device in device Administration, Specify the device name and other details.The device Id is generated automatically and so is the Queue name.

For more details refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/35/5ac61424dd465cb63e76a96267e5f1/frameset.htm

on your client, enter parameter values like device name, equipment number, and others. The Data Orchestration Engine (DOE) requires these parameters to register the client.

regards,

Shobha