cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with status of inbound/outbound queues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SDN XI experts!

I hope one of you can offer some assistance with an XI issue we have, as we currently have no XI resource on site and we're stuck in dire straits!

We have had some problems with our inbound and outbound queues in XI, and a search of the net and SDN hasn't helped yet. Basically, if I go in to transaction SMQ1 or SMQ2, I can see that there are files (or do you call them messages?) are building up in our queues with the status READY. To process these files through XI, I am going in to transaction SMQ1 and SMQ2 periodically, and activating the queue. This sets the status to RUNNING, and the files/messages are processed successfully.

What I'm after is how do I either:

a) set the queues so that they are always in status RUNNING;

b) schedule a job to activate the queues periodically; or

c) is there some other thing I am missing?

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I have no experience of XI at all. If I haven't provided enough info, please ask some questions. Anything you can do to help would be great as I'm manually doing this ten times a day and it's getting tiresome!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193518
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to understand the cause of the blockage.

If the messages say they are in "Retry" then they will be retrying through the queues for three times every 5 minutes.

After this, if they still don't work they will fail.

What is the status of your messages?

There are recovery jobs that can be scheduled to run in SM37.

Take a look at note 813029 and note 369007 for report RSQIWKEX.

I hope this provides some help.

Regards,

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses guys...

As far as I can tell, the queues are not in error, they're just always in the status READY. So a message comes along, but just gets stuck in the queue until I activate it via SMQ1 or SMQ2 (depending on whether it is inbound or outbound).

What I'm trying to get at is is there a way to make the queue activate by itself (if that makes sense!) rather than me having to do it via SMQ1 or SMQ2?

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Check if the queues are registered or not?

Go to Tcode smqr and check if the type for the required queues is R or not. If not....do register it by selecting the required queues and click the button register in the tool menu. If those are registered then just deregister and register again. Now the messages shud process smoothly in the i/b or o/b queues with out any problem.Please revert to us if you face any problem.

Thanks!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I see in SQMR:

Scheduler status : INACTIV

Last update (every 2 minutes) : 08.01.2008 11:49:57

Name of AS group (DEFAULT = all): DEFAULT

Number of Entries Displayed 0

Host ID : sscxinprd0_PX0_35

Number of Active Connections 0

Cl. Queue name Type Mode Max. Runtime Attempts Pause Destination with LOGON Data

Nothing was selected

Does that seem to suggest I need to register the queues? I would imagine so, but I'm in a production environment and don't want to break anything!!!

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope this will help you out.

Plz. gp through the link

The QIN Scheduler (SAP Library - Components of SAP Communication Technology)

BR

Sudhir

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James ,

SMQR seems ok..check wethere you queues are registered or not ..normally it shows some error like sysfail etc..but in your case it is showing ready...

when we saw Ready status we normally retsrat or refresh the queue it process ...

Rao

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the scheduler status is inactive and activating the queue will not harm the execution of the scnearios. Maybe u can try to simulate the scenario in quality by deactivating or deregistering the queue and check if the same is reflected as in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

When you go to SMQR..

You would find list of queues mentioned below ..

Next to the queue name do you see R .

Messages dont generally stop in the queue. If the queues are active.

Take a screenshot of smqr and upload over here .. http://imageshack.us/

Once you do that provide us the link..

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help guys, it's much appreciated as I have ZERO experience with XI...

I have uploaded a screenshot of SMQR to the web, apologies for the quality, but I only have MS Paint on this desktop:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7202/smqrws8.jpg

Luckily, some files have started to queue up again, so I could take some more screen shots! Here is the view of SMQ2:

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7086/smq2mv6.jpg

And then when I double click a queue, you see this screen with the queue in the status READY:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3935/smq22ed6.jpg

Until I go in to SMQ2, double click the queue, highlight it and press activate, the files/messages will just stay in XI. After I press the Activate button on the application toolbar in the third image, the files are processed successfully. i.e. If you go in to SXMB_MONI they have a little chequered flag next to them.

Thanks for all your time guys, points will be awarded if you can help me out!

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

goto smqr and click on register. register the q and activate and follow from then. this shud work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

As i thought the queues are not registered. you would need to register the queues.

Go to SXMB_ADM.

Under Administartion->Manage Queues.Double Click here.

In the following screen select all the queues.. Click on Register Queues.

Your problem will be solved. i.e entries will not be stuck in queue.

Let us know if you still face the problem.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looking good guys!

SMQR now shows all of the queues, and the files that were there two minutes ago have now vanished! Awarding points as promised! I owe you all a beer!

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Forget about the points.. Where do you want us to come for the beer ..

Please also mark the question as answered.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're ever in Swansea then let me know! Hahaha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Someday

btw .. This problem of yours is solved.. i would suggest you to search for Configuration Guide for XI and see if all the steps have been done.. I know you can find the guide yourself.. just search in sdn or search in marketplace...

The problem which you were facing is a very common thing which should have been done before XI went live..

So there could be some other thing that was missed.

Regards,

Sumit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James

Check this blog on re-processing of failed Queues:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Type of Error

Manual Start

Automatic Start

qRFC

SMQ2

RSQIWKEX

tRFC

SM58

RSARFCEX

OTHER errors

SXMB_MONI

RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES

This is only relveant once all the queues are registered via SXMB_ADM - Regsiter Queues (SMQR)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u can register and activate the queues. this option is seen in both the tracnactions. also u can check in smqr tracnaction

check if this doc on prioritzing q's is helpful:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/59e837d3-0201-0010-c096-dc186973...

Edited by: Prabhu S on Jan 8, 2008 11:56 AM