cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development & quality as separate instance in SQL 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to keep dev&quality in the same system as a separate instance .Can anybody give me the proper installation document so it would be very useful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is exactly what a centralized database Server is. For example, you can have several systems. Such as D01, Q01, P01 which is one type of system (like BI 7.0) and you can have another type of system landsape with SID's D02, Q02, P02 (XI 7.0) and you could have one MSSQL Server that holds multiple DB's. Say you use D01 as your db server and install MSSQL on it. You would use the named instance of that db server to install other servers. During the installation of D01 you would use the same named instance as you would use for D02. Your DB names would be different however. This would put two db's on one system with one version of MSSQL.

Hope that helps.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

download the installation document for sap for win/sql from following

service.sap.com/instguides

installation is same for both

first install DEV instance i.e SID: DEV instance number : 00

after sucessful installation of DEV system install QAS instance with different SID and instance number

i.e SID: QAS instance number : 10

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

both should be in the same database server as if

dbserver(common) - dbinstance1(sid)

dbinstance2(sid)

or DB server should be diffrent like

dbserver 1- dbinstance 1

dbserver 2- dbinstance 2

which is the correct one for Development & quality in the same system scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DBSID is same as SAPSID

so in your case if you install two instance on single host than there is two different database is created with respective SAP System SID under SQL Server 2005

i.e for DEV instance : SID : DEV instance number: 00 DBSID : DEV

for QAS instance : SID : QAS instance number 10 DBSID : QAS

regards,

kaushal

mark helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you make it clear ..the mentioned two things(common db server& diffrent db server) will be used in what cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's all depands on your requirement

in your case you want to install DEV and QAS system on Single host than in this case both instance use common DB Server (SQL Server) with respective databse

if you want to install DEV and QAS system on differnet host than in this case both instance use respective DB server and databse

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to install two DB servers on single host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

yes it is possible : just launch sql*server installer twice.

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario I kept the both development & quality as a separate database instance under one DB server .Will it act as diffrent servers (devlp & quaty)