cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run RTCCTOOL from SolMan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

From time to time EWA tells us that report RTCCTOOL have not been executed latly on a system.

Today my company got around 30 SAP systems, and it's timeconsuming to check this.

I know that report RTCCTOOL have to be executed in dialog

So, I hope there are a method that this can be done more or less automatic, and report back to me in SolutionManager (One system to rule them all..)

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Karl Yngve Andersen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Schedule it peridically via SDCCN, "Service Preparation Check" then CNTRL and F3 to schedule periodically.

Derek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karl,

go to transaction SMSY and then to the menu bar to select Environment. Then in the drop down menu select Solution Manager Operations and then Administration SDCCN. From there you will see all your SAP ABAP servers and check it from there. Run the check for the systems in question or all of them.

If the report RTCCTOOL was not run, a rescheduling might not do the job. For example if you have created a system copy you need to recheck the RFC connections plus go to the Administration SDCCN (mentioned before by me) and re-activate SDCCN for the satellite system.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for a good answer! (points will be given)

So the next thing I'm wondering about - is if it's any way to get a red alert in SolMan Operation (system monitoring/administration).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what your question is. I usually prefer not to get alerts with red flags.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Yes, I agree that we don't like to get alerts with red status.

My question regarding this was if there are any way to get a alert in CCMS if RTCCTOOL have not been executed.

/Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

setup background job monitoring in CCMS then, and if need be setup email alerts for this in RZ21 as an automated reaction method(if that is what you mean in your question)

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Derek,

I will look into RZ2, and test that solution.

Poinst are given to all.

Best regards,

Karl