cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for connecting ext. system (nonSAP) via tRFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i need detailed description on how to connect ext. system (nonSAP) or program to XI.

I need a RFC-Destination - what type?! TCP/IP?!

Scenario will be that we send a receive IDoc from this nonSAP-System.

Can someone provide me with detailed informations?! Which user-type etc., do i need a user....?

br

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do u wanna to connect to r3 system via xi or directly? if u wanna to integrate ur nonsap system and r3 using xi then make use of the adapters else if not via xi then u gotto make use of BAPI calls via BO which reqiures SAP conector imported to ur appl program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Scenario is still IDoc receiving/sending.

nonSAP <-> XI <-> R3

What the nonSAP does i have no clue, we only offered our parameters like...

SAP -> Client:

HOST

SERVICE

PROGRAMID

Client -> SAP:

HOST

SERVICE

DESTINATION

USERID

PASSWORD

CLIENT

SYSNR

...but now the communication is not working! When IDoc is entering XI it should be identified via RFC-Destination and being processed.

so what might be the problem?

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u mean the interface is presently not working? if yes goto moni and htere u can check the outbound and inbound interface. based on the namespace and the sender service chck the ID and post the comm channel used. thsi will highlight the sender system. also check sxmb_moni for any errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prabhu, well thats a step to far because we just want to get a connection from nonSAP, therefore the nonSAP will simply try to connect using user&pw, after this we could try to send the data...and use the configured items from IB.

it's simply the connection to the RFC-Destination which is not working!

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u are using java clients appl then u can use java proxy to connect to xi. also u can find code for http client to connect ur http apll to ur xi system. if ur appl is a DB then make use of jdbc adapters with drivers deployed in xi and many such scenarios to be named. for java proxies i believe u wud req rfc of type tcp/ip and for rest not required in case of non-sap systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please describe me your scenario. What data NON SAP system is sending to XI.

Is ur Non SAP system send the data in the form of file?

What is the target system is it SAP?

The data will be send from SAP system will be always in the form of IDOC or through Proxy?

I wonder how Non sap system sends the IDOC to XI.

From your question its totally confusing.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well scenario is as mentioned: IDoc will be send and received from external System - which can generate IDocs.

Target system is a R3 indeed, so XI uses IDoc-Tunneling for transfering the IDoc.

Because i did this already some time ago i know that via tRFC it is possible to send IDocs to a R3 (here XI). XI only transfers the data....

so can u provide me with infos on configuring this RFC-Destination?!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link for ALE settings,

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms942196.aspx

Regards,

phani

Reward Points if Helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assuming target system is your R3.

You need to follow the below configuration:

Pre-requisites for Inbound IDoc to R/3 from PI:

Configuration required at Xi side:

Go to IDX1: configure the port.

Go to IDX2: load the DOC metadata.

Go to SM59: Create RFC destination which points to R3 system this is require in the case where your IDOC is sent to R 3 system,

Configiration required at R3 side:

Maintain Logical System for XI (transaction SALE)

Maintain Port (WE21)

Maintain partner profile for XI. (WE20):

This is just example you can see the configuration part:

File To IDOC - Part3 (Steps required in XI and R3):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/profile/2007/05/11/fileToIDOC-Part3(StepsrequiredinXIandR3)&

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thx for all ur input.

we did as described but have now the problem that when nonSAP will send data the user is not permitted to log on.

We have a RFC of Type T with a "registered server program" called "TEST01". With this id the nonSAP wants to talk to this RFC-Destination and send data (IDocs) via this destination. But we are unable to logon to the system. We crosschecked the user and password but it seems to be right. Only thing might be type of user: does it has to be dialog or system or...?!

What might be the other reasons for being not able to connect to XI?!

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have a RFC of Type T with a "registered server program" called "TEST01".

check the program RSGETALL_REG_SERVERS or RS_COL_TOOL_SHOW_REGSERVERS to see if the TEST01 is seen. if not u will end up in error. contact the basis team to register the TEST01 in sapgateway. until then u will not be able to use this program id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thx for the reports! I checked with RS_COL_TOOL_SHOW_REGSERVERS and the ID exists - after i activated a RFC-Channel in XI with given parameters.

But what does this mean? actually i don't need this channel because the nonSAP-System will call this RFC-Destination directly without using a channel!

Am i wrong?! br

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can u be much more informative on the scneario u are working?