cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI - WebMethod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a Third Party - XI- Web Method-Third Party scenario.

Can some provide me information on XI – WebMethod area?

Is it like same SOAP scenario?

What settings are required in XI and WebMethod server?

How can do a testing for this scenario

What ports are used to call the Web services?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Azias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Webmethods has actually build a adapter that allows it to integrate with XI.

This is documented in this blog, and the article in the blog provides more details on the how to ,

/people/abhy.thomas/blog/2007/04/19/sap-xi--webmethods-integration-150-challenges-and-migration-strategies

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

look at this thread .for XI->Web-method scenario..

also look at this SAP XI - webMethods Integration

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10748ef7-b2f0-2910-7cb8-c81e7f28...

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what adapter do we use in XI when you send data to WebMethod tool. is it XI Adapter or SOAP Adapter.

can you explain me how do we configure in XI and webmethod.

thanks

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azias,

In my opinion, whatever is your client requirement, if you need the secenario to work using XI - webMethod, i guess you should need to create an IDOC in between using XI in sap system or you can also dump data to particular SAP Table and then later you can retreive data using webMethods.

I will give some more light what i want to say in particular ;

1. if XI creates an IDOC in sap Syste,

If your requirement fits in this category, please create an idoc using XI and then using your webMethods Routing rule , you can get that IDoc to you webmethod and process it vice versa or dump it in some SAP Table using the RFC which you again can use in Flow Service of your logic in last line to dump it.

2. In case you want to dump data in SAP Table

If this is your requirement, then dump data in SAP Tables using XI and create a listner in webMethods to get that data using your flow service or else you can sechdule it in webMethods after a particular time. and using webMethods send this data back to SAP XI.

3. In case you want to send xml files to webmethods.

In this case, i'll suggest you to put the output of your XI thing to some common place where your webMethods server could get data using file pooler (written by using the flow steps , it will contain change directory and everything to read the xml file). and later after processing your steps and whatever you get from trading partner or from third party, put it here to read by SAP XI using File/FTP adapter.

Hope this will help you. in case of any other clarification, feel fry to mail or reply here.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

in spite of you regard webmethod as sender or receiver.

i figure this is not liike soap scenario.

you should consider to use jms adapter to implement it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please give me more information. I am not clear on it.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no idea how webmethod works but if you need the information about XI then I will suggest you?

Pls give me few details:

1) What is the source and target system.

2) In which format dadta will be coming to XI.

Thnx

Chirag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

the source and Target systems are File systems.

flat file is the format of the file.

thanks

azias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For picking up the file from source system you can use the File adapter in XI.

Now again whether your file is CSV format or fixed format accordingly you need to use the file content conversion in the file sender adapter.

FCC

Sender -

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter -

I m not sure how u will integrate Xi output with webmethod, you need to investigate on webmethod adapters if it has any.

Thnx

Chriag

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think http connection could be used.

See this

/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/07/10/xi--sap-business-connector-integration-using-the-http-adapter

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as I know webmethod is another integration tool which is used, I wonder why you are using XI amd webmethod both for integration.

If you go with XI then it will integrate your third party then no need of weblethod in between.

Do let me know what is your client design.

What system you are using source as well as target,

In which format the data is coming its in file,IDOC or some other way.

Thnx

Chriag

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is true that we can directly talk to TP without Webmethods but client wants to have webmethod in between the XI and TP system.

but if we have webmethods what will be requirement.