Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a group from LDAP, with 1700 users in it. When using the Code

IGroupFactory gf2 = UMFactory.getGroupFactory();

IGroup grp2 = gf2.getGroup(GroupName);

Iterator gi2 = null;

gi2 = grp2.getMembers(false);

the Iterator contains only 1500 Members. The users are all in this Group, so "getMembers(true)" doesn't make any difference. I know, I can set the maximum result, when using a search filter, but I couldn't find anything about a limitation for getMembers.

Has anyone an idea?

Best regards,

Christian Schebesta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Christian,

If i remember correctly from my previous project, this restriction is placed on the LDAP server and not with the API itself. For ex, in my scenario, ActiveDirectory restricted listing more than 1000 users in one go.

Please consult your sys admin or the manuals of your LDAP.

Hope that helps,

Rajit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello and thank you for this answers,

I just checked the LDAP properties. MaxPageSize has value 1000. But I don't see, how this can influence the 1500 groupmembers. There is no poperty with value "1500". So my problem is still that I get 1500 groupmembers for a group with 1700 members. Perhaps has anyone another idea?

The UME property ume.admin.search_maxhits is set to 10000.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

In my case I was receiving 1060 users even if the limit was set to 1000 in AD. The reason was that 60 users were defined in the UME local database. If you want to verify, check with the Identity Management tool of UME. In the search screen, select "UME Database" as data source.

Martin

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

nice Idea, but this is a LDAP only group. Our LDAP tool reports 1700 user in this group, and it reports also more if I add an user to this group. But I get only 1500 by IGroup.getMembers. There is no UME User in this Group an there are no further groups in this group. Another idea anyone?

best regards,

Christian

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Info just to close this message. We now get our data directly from the Active Directory instead from UME. so we got the possibility, to query more than 1500 user.

Best Regards,

Christian Schebesta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just lost a few hours on that same problem and found two places where this limit can be coming from:

1) UME Configuration:

In this [help file |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/91/646d498fd94142a37e90a3b848e45e/content.htm]check the UME property ume.admin.search_maxhits.

This property can be edited from the J2EE Visual Administrator, or from the Portal, in

System Admin --> System Config --> UME Config --> select User admin UI tab, then

under Search results and display tables, change the maximum number of search results and restart the server

2) AD Configuration:

In this AD [help file |http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315071]we can read the following:

MaxPageSize - This value controls the maximum number of objects that are returned in a single search result, independent of how large each returned object is. To perform a search where the result might exceed this number of objects, the client must specify the paged search control. This is to group the returned results in groups that are no larger than the MaxPageSize value. To summarize, MaxPageSize controls the number of objects that are returned in a single search result.

Hope this helps.

Martin

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for this input. I'll check this and reward points if it's the cause.

Best regards,

Christian