Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling or reversing canceled invoice

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there any way I can cancel or reverse a canceled invoice. May this be from SD point or FI point.

Note: I do not want to generate another invoice against canceled invoice to balance the process.

Thank you and good day.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as iam concerned, we cant cancel the cancelled Invoice.Cancelling the cancelled Invoice is nothing but creation of the Invoice.

Regards

Subramanyam

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr. Subramanyam, this forum is not for arguments, its for finding alternatives.

Thank you for the response though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not possible to reverse or cancal already cancelled invoice. However, you can create a new Invoice inplace of Cancelled Invoice based on Sales Order or Delivery (Depending on Transaction).

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Thank you, for your response. However, It does not solve my query. All all those, who say that it is not possible. I agree that there no transaction to get rid of cancelled invoice but logically, I do not agree that there is not way to reverse the cancelled invoice. I can be any business requirement during period closing.

I am digging into this issue. Will update the entire repondend the moment I have some resolution to ithis issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a way, which can work as an alternative. It is required to be identified all the tables in which these entries are flowing & ensure to delete the cancelled Invoice from all these tables.

This is not a recommended solution, but as a case of exception, it may be tried.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot cancel or reverse a cancelled invoice. You can only cancel an invoice, if you want to. Once you do that, you cannot reverse it.

Hope this helps.

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the standard rules if you have posted a normal invoice i.e. financial posting and inventory mgt is done with the help of your invoice, cancellation will involve another invoice.

this can be done with t:code VF11.

If you have generated a pro forma invoice, then there is no need to generate any other invoice, you can just delete the invoice.

It is very important to understand that whenever a normal invoice is generated some of the process e.g. inv. mgt and fin. posting occurs and unless you reverse these process you cannot cancel only the invoice.

hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

use tcode VF11 to cancel the invoice

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply, but my question is not, how to cancel the invoice. My question is how to cancel a a cancelled invoice.

eg: invoice 1 cancelled with document type S1 document number 2. now i want to reverse document 2.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vix

No it is NOT possible to reverse once you cancelled the billing document.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot cancel a Cancelled Invoice, however you can regenerate the normal invoice again so that it would make the adjustment on the finance side. For eg. Invoice A (normal Inv) initially exists with a value of 100, you cancel it generating Invoice B (cancellation Inv) for the same value, there is no way to cancel Inv B but then you can generate Invoice C (a new normal Invoice) for value 100 so that it is kind of replace Invoice A. HOpe that helps, reward points if useful.

Thanks