cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during System copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to do a homogeneous system copy of an XI system NW04s on Windows 2k3 and Oracle database to another windows 2k3 machine. SCS and Database went on fine but during CI installation on the target system I'm stuck at "Run ABAP Reports" phase.

I'm getting an error:

MUT-03025 Caught ERfcExcept in Modulecall: Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised..

runRADDBDIF was executed with status ERROR

The ABAP stack is however up and when I login to 000 client using DDIC user and try to execute the report RADDBDIF, I get a runtime error RAISE_EXCEPTION with Exception condition "WRITE_FAILED" raised.

A RAISE statement in the program "SAPLSUGI" raised the exception condition "WRITE_FAILED".

If anyone has encountered similar problem, kindly help me.

Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

This is a known issue.

Check this SAP Note:

Note 162266 - Questions and tips for R3SETUP on Windows NT / W2K

If R3SETUP terminates and the manual execution of the report "RADDBDIF" in the Transaction SE38 a short dump "WRITE_FAILED" initialize, was not found presumably the alias "SAPTRANSHOST":

If you enter the local host during the installation on the question regarding the SAP tranport host, it is used correctly. If, however, you enter a different host name, this must also be reachable under the alias "SAPTRANSHOST", otherwise, the R/3 System will not work properly and the above termination occurs.

Enter this alias in your DNS server or create the following line for your \winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file (or modify an existing line accordingly):

"<IP number of the transport host> <Name of the transp. SAPTRANSHOST"

Then start the R/3 System and the SAP<SID>_ service again and continue with the installation.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

The installation in question is a local installation. So no question of putting a separate entry for SAPTRANSHOST in hosts file. However I did add the entry for SAPTRANSHOST and I had followed 162266 but it didn't hel. I faced the same problem again and again.

Atlast I had to restart the system copy.

Regards,

Sameer

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did your copy complete ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I had restarted my system copy and it went through well!!!

Answers (0)