cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter ...

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Yesterday i havd tried to make my file adapter but was impossible. The adapter couldn't take the file from de specified folder in the XI BOX.

The only thing i think it could be the problem is that all the componentes (data types, message interfaces ...) defined in the integration repository are part of a software component version defined in a legacy system.

does this software component version have to be defined as a component of XI BOX?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member605561
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo

Go to the adapter monitor and check whether your file adapter is running.URL to access the adapter monitor is http://host:port/AdapterFramework/monitor/monitor.jsp

regards

Suneel

Message was edited by: Suneel

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again.

Mi folder in the XI BOX has been defined in the root and is calles /inbound/XI

My comm. channel is configurated to read from this folder but it doesn't work. XI doesn't 'take' the file.

Is correct the definition of the folder?

do i have to configure a standalone adapter or is enough with XI one?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

First, check the user authorisations. Then, in the comm channel, give the path as
inbound
XI.

Cheers

Manish

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ingino,

<i>>>/inbound/XI</i>

Try //inbound/XI. In which system is your XI BOX (Windows/Unix)?

Regards

Suraj

inigo_sacramento
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manish.

It's an unix server. /inbound/Xi is not correct in UNIX ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,
inbound
XI is wrong. I checked the online help which has this to offer :

<i>You can either specify the entire path name or a name relative to the working directory of the Adapter Engine. In all platforms (including Windows), use a forward slash (/) to separate directory names in accordance with Java specification.</i>

Cheers

Manish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enter the complete path of the folder and make sure you have required read and write permission for the folder as well as file.

thanks,

rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

to check the authorizations, you use any FTP client to copy the file form ur ftp directory.

If it works, then there is no problem with authorization.:)

Regards

Pushkar

0 Kudos

Just for the purposes of following up, I encountered this same issue and was completely frustrated until I set the permissions on the actual file to 777. There is also a switch on the file adapter to pick up read-only files that could also help.

Cheers!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inigo,

The file adapter has nothing to do with the Software component version.

Check whether the user XIAFSUER has sufficient authorisations to access the folder where your files are being stored.

Regards

Manish