cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Dial Guage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

Can anyone tell me how to change the limit of the arcs in the 3d Dial Gauge. I am able to change the color of the arc by changing "stroke" property. But i couldn't find any property to change the limit of the arcs.

Also, i am able to put a value in the value box. But the needle is not moving according to the value that is assigned to value box.

Thanks a lot,

Regards

Mike.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

have you done the advanced training course yet? Doing dynamic graphics is well explained in one of the labs. If you search for "Dynamic Graphics" in the index of the help files, there's a good walk through there too.

The rotation of the needle is calculated using a animation link. The link you'd use is:

SVG Element: Needle\Transform

And the Expression would be something along the lines of:

"rotate(" & (20 + 320 * (Value - MinRange) / (MaxRange - MinRange)) & " 150 150)"

Where Value, MinRange, etc... are Object Properties which you would've already defined and rotate is the functon on the angle calculated. If you wanted to, you could also use the "Calculated Properties" to do the calculation instead of doing it directly in the animation link.

I'm not too sure I understand what you're trying to do with the limit. Is it the text value you're wanting to change, or the angle at which the limit sits?

Regards,

Lawrence

Edited by: Lawrence Prinsloo on Jan 8, 2008 1:53 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

I have never been to any xMII training as such and i am learning on self exploration as well as the forum.

As you said, the formula is working fine to change the angle based up on the value.

I am trying to show the number of deviations per batch in gauge. As, lower the number of deviations better the performance. So, i want to show, say, less than 20 as green, 20 - 40 as yellow and rest as red. In the properties, i can see the red arc but how to define its minimum value and maximum value is my point.

Can you let me know if there is any xMII training scheduled in near future, if you have any idea ?

Thanks a lot,

Mike.

lawrence_prinsloo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

under the animation links you've got GreenArc, YellowArc, etc... In the same way that you added the "rotate" expression for the needle's transform, you add the rotate for the YellowArc\transform expression.

You'll need to play around with the angle you want. Note, the second and third arguments of the rotate function dictate the x and y co-ordinate (see the help files for details).

The way I understand the limit colour coding to work, is that each colour (Red, Yellow and Green) is an arc that starts from the start (minimum) value. The transform property is then the angle that the colour extends to, if that makes sense. Obviously, the Yellow is super-imposed ontop of the Green and the Red ontop of the Yellow and Green.

In terms of training, I'm not sure where you're based. We give training in South Africa as the VAR of SAP xMII. In the same way, SAP has VAR's in other countries who give training. Your best bet is to contact SAP. Also, have a look at the xMII wiki site on the SDN. The certification procedure is detailed there.

Regards,

Lawrence