cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts or task integration in to UWL from PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one tell me what are the different ways to send alerts or tasks in to UWL from PI.Also please let me know different ways of configuring PI to integrate with UWL in EP.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alert can be triggered in different ways from PI.

1) Triggering by Calling a Function Module Directly.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

2) Triggering by Calling a Function Module in the Workplace Plug-In.

3) Triggering with an Event Linkage.

4) Triggering with the Post Processing Framework (PPF) or Message Control (MC)

5) Triggering from a Workflow.

6) Triggering from CCMS with autoreaction.

7) Triggering from BPM.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

😎 Triggering alert by configuring a rule from RWB.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/56/d5b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Thnx

Chirag.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

If u have a serious requirement then u can develop ur own connector for UWL which converts the Alerts in Pi to UWL alert items in EP.

This is a robust and well suited sure option.

You just have dig a bit in the Alerting framework and make a custom connector.

I have mailed the guide to create the custom UWL connector to ur ID.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Reffer these Blogs for Help

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/04/26/xipi-throwing-generic-exceptions-from-any-type-of-mapping

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/23/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part--1 -- ccms alerts – 1

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2005/12/24/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-2 -- ccms alerts – 2

/people/aravindh.prasanna/blog/2006/02/20/configuring-scenario-specific-e-mail-alerts-in-xi-ccms-part-3 -- ccms alerts --- 3

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED -

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

From HelpFile

Regards

Seshagiri