cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Types, Pricing condi.types and Pricing condition records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain me the following :

1. Can we change the order type while creating the order type? Is it possible to change the order type after the sales order has been created?

2. How to switch the order type mid-stream i.e. a stardard order type to rush order type?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tom Francis,

I would like to bring your attention over configuration part of doc. type.

say you are in doc type OR detailes , go to alt doc. type field.(which is possibly under general control)

Now if you r giving any values to this field say ZOR.

this settings will allow you to switch between the document.

Again this for special requirement -inorder to reduce the user burden in case of many doc. type used in application.

Right now I "m not sure of your requirement so see if it helps anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can change your sales documents while u are in process of va01 and after saving at va01 u can not change.

before to this u have to do the settings at vov8 while creating new sales documents, u have to mention at alt.sales document type1 and 2 the documents like RO or CS.

NUMBER RANGES MUST BE SAME FOR ALL SALES DOCUMENTS.

vijaya rajendra.g

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom!

Some documents can be changed to reflect our requirements. You can change the behavior of a document by altering the field settings.

But creating a new document with out copying is a bit tedious. As you need to configure all backend settings.

Regards

krishnaVamshi

Edited by: krishna vamshi on Jan 8, 2008 10:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I don't think u can change the order type after creation.

Since each sales process follows different screen sequence & configuration setting differs, it is not possible

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The configurations regarding Order Types are done under VOV8, but once you have created/saved an Order Type during VA01 then you can't change it.

If you want to change Standatd Order to Rush Order then you need to have the Shipping Condition as "As soon as possible" with "Immediate delivery" marker as 'X' which will create the delivery as soon as Order os saved. Since these settings results from configuration in VOV8 and I don't thnk that it can be changed mid-stream.

Regards

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) when u are creating a new document type(@VOV8), u can customize and change the name according

to ur business requirements. there u can make any no of changes. once u created a sales order of

particular type, u can't change it again.

2) while creating the sales order, probably u can change the order type. (Ex; OR to RO)

reward points if it is useful to u.