Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master Maintenace - restriction general data tabs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to restrict the tabs available on the customer master maintnenace screen XD02 for a specific group of users? Specifically I want to limit a group of users to maintenance of contact persons-general data. Is there a way to do this with either security or configuration? I would like to avoid creating custom code.

Thank you in advance, Jay

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You can use the object: F_KNA1_AEN (Customer: Change Authorization for Certain Fields) for restricting the authorization for selected fields.

This needs some SPRO configs which u can find in the object documentation, but i am pasting it below for your convenience.

You just have to create field groups->assign fields to those groups-> authorize the users for specific field groups

In your case you can club all the fields you want to restrict into one group and all the leftover fields in second group. Give access for Group 1 to selected users and both the Groups for users who need access to all the fields.

==================================================================================

Definition

Using this authorization object, you can define a change authorization for selected customer master record fields. Using this object, you can also protect the fields from being blocked and the delete flag from being set. Only an employee who has been allocated this authorization can change these fields.

Note

This authorization is optional. You do not therefore have to assign this authorization if no fields are to be specifically protected from being changed.

The contents of a protected field can still be displayed by all users.

This authorization is not checked when creating a master record.

This authorization is valid for all company codes.

Defined Fields

The object consists of the field "Change group".

Procedure

If you use this authorization assignment, proceed as follows:

o Define your change groups via Master data->Customers->Field

authorizations->Groups.

Proceed

o Group the fields to be protected via MAster data->Customers->Field

authorizations->Field allocation->Groups. The key is the change

group.

Proceed

o Specify the change group key when defining the authorization.

===================================================================================

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined the field groups and set the authorization using "F_KNA1_AEN". This seems to work for all the standard SAP fields. But I have also appended several fields to KNVV and created the pushbutton and screen (screen group - ZP) to maintain these append fields.

The appended fields have be added to the field groups, but are not protected as expected.

When I debug this process, I do not see the custom screen group (ZP) being processed.

I have looked at OSS note 577502, but after reviewing this note, I still an unclear how to proceed.

Is there a badi that needs to be implemented to have these fields protected?

Thanks in advance.