cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel while using a BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a BPM which implements a sync-async bridge. I'm trying to use an HTTP service to send a sync message to this BPM and receive a response. While configuring in the integration directory, i created a business service representing the HTTP client and a HTTP communication channel. But when i create the receiver determination it is asking for a communication channel. But since the receiver is a BPM, there are no communication channels. What should be done in this case.

Also my understanding of this process is:

HTTP client sends an XML to the BPM. The BPM routes the data to the bridge and again send it back to the HTTP client as a response. Is it possible to achieve this.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

<i>>>While configuring in the integration directory, i created a business service representing the HTTP client and a HTTP communication channel.</i>

I think your scenario is HTTP <-> XI. Which is your receiver system? If you are you using HTTP as sender then you don't have to specify any communication channel as the HTTP sender Adapter is built on top of Integration Engine.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate ur scenario??

which are ur sync and aync systems??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thanks for your response.

I shall explain my actual scenario.

1. One HTTP client(or any synchronous interface) sends an XML payload to XI.

2. XI should map this XML to another fomat and create a file.

3. Once the file is created, a response should be sent back to the HTTP client.

So the sending interface(HTTP Client) is a synchronous one. Because it sends the XML and waits for the response(File creation status)

And the file creation is done using a File Adapter and it is an asynchronous process.

I hope the sync-async would be the best design in this scenario. Please share your thoughts

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to create two commn chnnel for the file recvr and sender adapters.

priyanka

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Steps needed will be :

1)Receive (sync)

2)Transformation

3)Send

Receiver Determination := Between BPM and File Service

Sender Agreement := No sender agreement

Receiver Agreement := Between BPM and file service

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Suraj, I'll try it out.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you elaborate ur scenario??

which are ur sync and ayncx systems??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go thru this blog

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards

Arpit Seth