cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbms settings in mdm console

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have installed mdm server, console and oracle database. after installing console i could start mdm server through console , but when i try to configure dbms settings , it shows me the error message , " error in initializing database engine :

plz help

Edited by: akhil k on Jan 7, 2008 9:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

You can go ahead and check whether you are inputting the proper details of the database server, i.e you server name if everything is right you might have messed up with the listners, which you need to configure before you start your MDM. If you have already configure listners you need to reconfigure or restart them according to your database.

Hope this may help you.

Reward points if helpful.

Take Care

Prasad.................

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of all thanks for both of ur responses.

, actually i , have not confogured any listeners here , i am using oracle database , can anybody tell me how can i connect database

, and when it asks for database user name and password i am using the name as orcl , and user name is SYSTEM , and the password which i used when installing oracle database , some body plz help

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all check wether u are able to connect to Databse from the Windows console.

You can do ithis by opening Command prompt and enetring Sqlplus

enter Oracle username and password

then

connect oracleusername/password@OracleDatabasename;

Check dis out

Regards Tejas........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Have you started the Services related to oracle. You can start the services by going in RUN>>>SERVICES.MSC Check the oracle services whether they are started or not, if not start them or else restart them.

Try this it may help you

Prasad

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all gurus

thanks to all of u , at last i am able to set dbms settings. actually my problem was , i did not install dbms client , now i installed and its ok now .

so my next doubt is how can i load repository

thank u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

For loading the repository you need to select the MDM Server Name and right click and select create repository. Through this way you can create repository with normal structure but if you want a particular structure which is been supplied by the SAP(vendor, article, material, catalog), i.e the .a2a file then you need to unarchieve the repository >> state the repository name >> select the .a2a file which you want to unarchieve.

After doing this you can load the repository.

Hope this helps...

Reward points if helpful................

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Akhil,

In the MDM console right click on the SAP MDM SERVER and Mount the MDM Server by specifying either the IP address or the host name of the MDM Server.

After u mount the MDM server if it is in stopped mode then start it.

If u want to mount any repository right click on thatMDM server and say either create repository or unarchive repository.

If u want to unarchive any repository u must keep the A2A files which are provided along with SAP Business content on the MDM server SAP MDM -->> Server -->> Archives.

Then only u will be able to unarchive the repository and get the structure provided by SAP like for eg. Vendor,Employee,Article,Material etc...

Hope dis helps u

Rewards with points if found helpful

Regards Tejas..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much prasad and tejas bane for your immediate responses. i really appreciate your helping nature and other SDNers as well .

now i have unarchived an sap defined repository Vendor . and now i can see it it both console and data manager , now how can i proceed ,

actually what should i do now

thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Now that u hav unarchived the repository, u can try various things like importing data from various systems like ERP, R/3, Legacy systems etc or importing data from various formats like excel, Database, xml etc.

U can refer to Import Manager guide for importing data and

Data Manager Guide to do any manipulations on data in Data Manager.

Or u can also try various MDM Scenarios like CMDM etc

the link for various scenarios

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/d7b1ee058201b4e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Hope dis helps u

Reward points if found helpful

Regards Tejas.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you tejas bane , your single sentence is also very valuable. now i got , what should i do , now i will try to import data from ecc , crm and scm systems using import manager .

thanks alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Akhil,

In the DBMS settings u just need to specify the

Data Path ie. the location of the MDM Server Archives folder.

Index path -->> optional

Default Partition as -->> 1

Tem Table Space Name -->> TEMP

Even if it gives u an error then check the services related to your DBMS.

Regards Tejas.....