cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete all images which are already linked to records?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a situation where, due to some reason we are required to delete all the images in the images table. But as most of them are already linked we are not allowed to delete. Currently the only way we can delete is to delete the link of each image and delete the image. which is time consuming for 3000 images.

Could anyone of you please let me know is there any better way to get delete links, and delete images at one shot.

help highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raags,

Instead of remapping the images field and again reimporting the mapped fields so that the links are deleted.

A more simple solution is in Data Manager select all the records then in the recod details tab go into images pane -->. right click an say Remove all links this will remove the usage of the images from their respective records and the u can manually remove the all the images from the images table.

Regards Tejas.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding nitin & tejas!!

I would test it and get back to you both..

Tejas: As you said, When i select all i do see the 'remove all links' disabled. Whereas if i select only record and right click on the image pane i see 'remove all links' as enabled. I need to test it on my sandbox, but are you sure.. if by selecting a singled record and click the 'remove all links' would remove all the links for all the images? Have you dont this before?

Thanks,

Raags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raags,

You will not be able to "remove all links" when selecting multiple images.

One more option. It may be a little CPU intensive so not sure if it will work or not with 3000 images. Try selecting all the images, or a portion of them at a time, and right click on them and do a "merge into" to merge them into a single image. Once they are merged together you can do the "remove all links" on the single image.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raags,

As Tim suggested the deletion of images might be CPU intensive try to refer to MDM Sizing guide.

Try selecting small portions of records from repository and remove links fro them.

Regards Tejas...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

Your solution should work.., I havent yet tested that. Thanks a lot for your time. Would update when i tested it.

Thanks,

Raags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raags,

If you have the source file for the 3000 records, then probably you can try importing the file again. Delete the links mentioned for images from the file. Only map the Images look up field.

Then select "Update map fields" as the import action. This will only update the images links as Null (since there is nothing in the source file) and the rest of the fields will remain the same.

And once the link is broken, you can then delete all the images from the IMAGES table in the data manager.

Hope this helps...

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain