cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Refresh: Abap+Java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a few questions about CRM refresh I'm working on. Done many refreshes over the years and the new process has me shaking my head in disbelief.

Performed a normal system refresh, by restoring online backup of production system onto mirror system. The mirror system exactly matches my production sytem (Oracle 10g, SuSE Linux 64 bit, UNICODE).

Now my system is running from Abap stack perspective, however Java components fail to load.

Now from reading the documentation (System Copy for SAP, Based on SAP Netweaver 2004s Abap+Java) it appears that I have to use sapinst and no longer use online database backups for system refreshes.

Is this the case? Has the investment my organization made into online backups now worthless?

Is there a way to take the java schema in this online copied database and bring it online after converting it to work on the mirror landscape?

Or should I throw out our system methodology and start new

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to to do system refresh for ABAP + JAVA stack. Are there any differences when compared to system refresh for ABAP stack.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please post the differences between a JavaABAP refresh and just a straight ABAP? I have done many ABAP, but am a little unclear about the JavaABAP.

vacheron_mathieu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm also interesting in getting any information about how to perfrom a refresh on a system ABAP + Java.

I've just perform one on my system by restoring a DB backup, everything is ok on the ABAP side but JAVA is down...

So any documentation about this is welcome !

Regards,

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The documentation can be found in the System Copy Guide, availabe on the Service Marketplace.

The procedure of restoring from backup that is done with ABAP systems will not work and is unsupported for Java systems. The procedure with sapinst (as explained in the guide) must be used. There are many hardcoded settings related to hosts and sids in the Java stack that cannot be changed manually (or, if they could, SAP will not support the system).

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

As far as I know there are two methods for system copy.

1. Database-specific (in this you can make use of your backup)

2. Database-independent (Jload for JAVA or R3load for ABAP)

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

Reading SAP's documentation seems to imply that I need to extract out the java schema from my production source and then re-install on my QA target to make a refresh of the java stack possible.

However, if I have a complete copy of my source system database working on the target, why is the extract necessary?

At least, I should be able to extract out the contents from the source as if it was the target, thereby eliminating any sort of production outages (we have many constraints about shutting down production from fuctional perspective).

I'll do some research around the other tools mentioned to see if they can lend a hand fixing the issue,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you used Database Specific procedure for doing systemcopy.The export in this step is not the Java Schema export , This step archives the SDM contents and application specific file system contents from the source system which is not part of the database.

Thanks

Prince Jose