cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XServer not starting due to socket in use error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am installing NetWeaver 6.4 base install with MaxDB on a Windows 2003 Server. I am getting an error on installation stating the Xserver socket is in use.( - ERROR TID: 0x1648 PID: 0x1200 MsgID: 18625

, Socket address already in use.). What socket is the default for XServer so I can verify that it is being used on my machine. During the install I was not asked to set a specific socket or port number for this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Check in Task Manager that an old session of XServer is not hanging... If this doesn't help restart your windows server and try it again.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this unless the process name is somthing other than XServer. I don't see this hanging. Also do you know what the default socket would be for this process just to make sure that another process isn't using the same socket?

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

-> The X_Server uses tcp/ip port sql6 (7210). Check your services file.

May be the XServer could not allocate this address. Maybe another application blocks this port.

Please check if 'serv' process is already running.

Please update with output of the following commands ::

xinstinfo

sdbregview -l

< tools located in <.>/sapdb/programs/bin by default >

Please review "Ports and Protocols of the X Server" documents at

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/default.htm -> Glossary -> x_server

-> X Server < click > documentation

"On Microsoft Windows, the MaxDB installation program registers the X Server as the service XServer,

sets the Startup Type for this service to Automatic and starts the service. You do not have to start it

manually."

If you had the MAXDB database software already installed on the server, please stop the x_server

< x_server stop > before to run the installation.

-> If you will have further questions/problems with MAXDB please post them at the MAXDB/liveCache forum.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina